Wiring Harness Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got a 90 crx and I just put in my b16a. I noticed most of the wiring connections on the car and engine don't match up. the wiring harness is uncut. what do i need to do.

I have the complete wiring harness from the b16a and the complete wiring harness from my 90 crx si.

OK here's why they don't line up.
1. the B16 harness is JDM and right hand drive.
2. The DX harness if DPFI and doesn't even have all the wires you need.

You can use the B16 harness to make a harness, or get a 4g Si harness and use it.

I won't be a dick like everyone else....I just did the same swap....You need to swap the CRX harness with the JDM one...I know, it will take some time, but then you can use the CRX harness and mod it to work with the PR3 computer and fix the dist. and V-tec wires. Look up some SCC magazine back issues, and even a Honda Tuning current issue, they will have all the info you will need for the convergence. Also there is a very informative swap site, look up old posts, that details all the pinouts of the B-16's ECU. That is what I used, and my car runs nicely now. Good Luck, post back if you need more help....

ECU PLUGS: A= GREEN PLUG, B=Black PLUG, C= Black Plug
After **A PLUG** IS **B PLUG** AND THEN**C PLUG**
A Plug on the ECU is =18 pins
B Plug on the ECU is = 20 pins
C Plug on the ECU is =16 pins

On the Connectors that plugs in the ECU.

A PLUG @ A8 = Vtec Solenoid
A PLUG @ A17= IAB Solenoid Not Needed!!!

B PLUG @ B5=Vtec Pressure Switch
B PLUG @ B19=Knock Sensor

C Plug @ C8= 2nd O2 Sensor

Hope this helps on the wire shit..
let me know if you confused..

I'd suggest you contact HAsport. They got all kinds of wiring conversions and they do a quality job. Being I have a lack of knowledge in electical systems as it seems you do too, this would be the best way to go. Easy plug and play mod.

Back