wiring nitemare

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smashed4thgen

i bought a gs intera (93) its obd1 and my hatch is obd0 no matter what i have to convert to mpfi at the least my question is how bad would it be to just change the integra harness onto my 4thgen civic.. ia have the whole car and i was also thinking if i changed the harness if the guage cluster would fit my dash or what my options whould be any help would be greatly appreciated especialy if its what iam looking for because no one has been able to give me a good awnser so thanks
mike

I just did an obd0 to obd1 in my crx. I bought a wire harness converter so I used my stock obd0 harness, added the needed plugs from a obd1 harness, plugged the converter into the obd0 harness and into the obd1 ecu. Piece of cake that way. The harness was $105.00. You can make your own. If you need it I can send you the links on the make you own.

could u send me the links or perhaps tell me where u got yours from thanks///what about using the integras harness and redoing the car? thanks
mike

Originally posted by smashed4thgen@Oct 4 2002, 04:55 AM
could u send me the links or perhaps tell me where u got yours from thanks///what about using the integras harness and redoing the car? thanks
mike

The pinouts for your references are in:
http://www.geocities.com/kurtsi_on/page10.html

If you read his other pages they're helpful too. If you have some time and patience it's not that hard. I'd have to unbury mine but if it would help I could send you a picture. The wires are about 6 inches long which is about as long as you'd want them. The only other place that I found anything about the harness was on locash racing's site but they wanted to sell you one and they wanted over $200.00 for it!!!! If you need the e-mail address for where I bought my harness I'll pm that to you. I don't think he'd mind.
good luck,
If you need anything else let me know!

yeah pm me if you would but do you have a clue on how hard it would be to convert the whole car to obd1 using the integras harness?? thanks

re-doing the car is no easy task... thing of EVERYTHING that is plugged in..

your radio, the air bags (if you have them) the dash lights, the cig lighter, its mad fucking wires man... i so don't recommend changing it. plus, the crx lengths are differnt for different things, and shit wont reach, plus im sure the teg has more options and shit than the crx, so you will have extra wires that will be hanging out.

I also converted to obd1 for my sohc vtec into my 91 dx. Make an adapter or go to honda-tech.com and pm lelopez for one.(I got mine from him and it came out better than I expected) Do not change the whole wiring harness. It is not that hard at all to convert. You will have to run a few wires to the ecu, but it is not hard.

Thanks for the props guys........somehow my login id got lost in this website. Anyways, I do make obd0 to obd1 conversion harnesses or even if you want to do them yourself I can guide you through the process.

later,

Lester

Originally posted by lelopez@Oct 11 2002, 01:30 PM
I do make obd0 to obd1 conversion harnesses or even if you want to do them yourself I can guide you through the process.

Lester is the guy - well worth the money to have him make you the harness - perfect all the way!

Back