Work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

What's the worst/stupidest thing that's ever happened to you at work? My answer happened today but I haven't fully wrapped my head around it, so I'll get back to you.

stabbed in the hand with a chisel, shot in the leg with a pnuematic staple gun, dropped a 50lb bundle of wood directly on my toe. there's more, but that's enough for now.

I single handedly closed down a Mcdonalds i worked at for about 4 days.... BWHAHAHAHAH!!!

the freezer in the back had a "afro engineered" power supply... I and 2 other people had to close Mcdees right before christmas break (8 days) we cleaned everything up, infact we spent a lot of time cleaning it... and then we were leaving and I cut the power to the freezer and we left....

BWHAHAHA... still makes me laugh thinking about it...

I've only worked about a month in my life but the funniest thing was watching this lady's two dogs go at it and getting it on video.

not trying to change topics though, what happened to battle pope?

Not much, really. I just had to deal with an irate psychobitch who doesn't believe in the idea of scheduled paydays. This happens all the time, but this one is different - she truly is psycho and can't understand why it takes more than 10 minutes for her to get a check after she turns in her timecard... I work in a temporary staffing office in the payroll department, so I constantly see interesting emergencies come up for why they need their check 3 days early... but this bitch just flat out doesn't belive in paydays... I am officially baffled.

I've been working as a manager for many years now.I don't know where to start.

Most of the bad/cool stuff is done to one of my workers I can't even begin to count how many times I've made a coworker puke =)

lets just say people will do a lot of stuff for $5

My best friend nailed himself through his left thumb with a nail gun to a fascia board, while being 10 ft up a step ladder. About a month later, he shot me through a partion wall. Mine wasn't as bad, but it's the first time I ever experienced so much pain I started laughing. Adrenaline is a trip. I had my hand on a 2x6 stud, he missed the stud from the other side(I was out of his sight, and didn't know where he was nailing), which sent a nail about 1/4 inch into my pinky under the nail.

Last year, I was plumbing with a buddy, on a main waterline for a house. He cut the line, and grabbed both sides at the same time. It's common for people to ground their electricity to the water line. When the main ground rots out, that just leaves the water line. Needless to say, he was shocked hard. He popped half the breakers in the house, and fried the washer. I've been bit a few times like this, but this guy holds the record. He's like an electricity magnet. :lol:

Had a kid in another department stick his fingers into the bottom of a pavement grinder last year. He thought something was jammed in it, and tried to pick it up to look. He lost one complete finger.

A guy that worked with us a couple years ago was painting fire hydrants. He had oil paint all over himself, as most bumbling idiots do. He decided he'd try to remove some paint from his jeans with Laquer thinner. He poured some on the crotch to clean. We heard him scream like a little girl, and he ran for the work shower to cleanse the thinner from his penis. His fiery wang must have been burning like crazy.

Need I go on? My work is interesting, because summer help kids come in constantly, with no experience, and very little common sense.

i worked 15 hours today
got paid for 8.

life sucks.
salary sucks.

xyswany...i hope thats not what u make working fora bodyshop....but anyhow prob the worst thing thathas happened to me was when i used to work for a someone else at a bodyshop. they had a very large woodstove out in a room outback. Thsi woodstove was completely hand made.....worked very well but not for me this day. I wasw feeding wood into the stove and where the door comes up against the stove there is a 1/4 inch thick flange that sticks out about an inch and a half tyhat the door sits over when it closes. needless to say i was loading in the wood and somehow wasntpaying full attention and went to throw prob a 20 lb peice of wood in with just my right hand but i just missed getting it entirely in and smashed my right hand ring finger between the peice of wood and thjat flange that stuck out. i had serious serius pain for like 6 hrs but i stopeed workin for like 20 minutes then continued to work with my left handf for the remainder of the day. when i got home i heated up a needle and meltedit down through my nail to releive the pressure....WOW did that feel great, massive amount of blood came out to. anyhow i lost that fingernail and have since grown it back but that was a shitty deal

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 19 2004, 10:02 PM
i worked 15 hours today
got paid for 8.

life sucks.
salary sucks.
[post=365520]Quoted post[/post]​

Bri, i would check on that....My friend Chris, Stephan and Jason all work in the IT dept at Aetna on Salary and they worked mad OT over the years, they had to fly all over the US to train people on software and stuff on the weekends etc...they found out awhile ago...they were non exempt from OT....they ended up getting a huge check for all the OT they out in

A quote from Overtimepay.com

"Executive, professional, and administrative employees can be excluded from the federal minimum wage and overtime requirements. If you are “exempt,” this means that your employer is not required by law to give you pay for overtime work. Exempt employees must be paid with a salary and must have certain job requirements. Salaried employees receive a set pay each workweek without taking into account the actual number of hours worked. Just because a worker receives a salary that does not mean the worker cannot be due overtime.

There are several professions that are not included as being in this group but who do get paid with a salary. These include:

Outside sales employees
Doctors
Lawyers
Teachers
Certain computer-related occupations if they are paid not less than $27.63 per hour. "

My friends fell into that category, i would check it out

on the topic of college kids working for the summer...

one summer i worked for my brother in PA, he was the grounds-keeper for a private course...

so anyway, this kid somehow managed to drive the old tractor into the diesel storage tank, which caused the steering wheel to spin very fast and somehow broke one of his fingers in the mayhem...
but nothing happened to the tractor or the diesel tank...

me and a buddy had forklift wars in the warehouse i used to work in.

boss left, the only other workers were two mexicans who spoke no english

so me and my buddy went across the street and got a couple of 40 ounces and then hopped aboard our forklifts, raised the forks 10 feet into the air and barrelled down the warehouse floor at each other at 20 miles an hour lolollolol

Originally posted by driver1@Jul 20 2004, 08:53 AM
xyswany...i hope thats not what u make working fora bodyshop....but anyhow prob the worst thing thathas happened to me was when i used to work for a someone else at a bodyshop. they had a very large woodstove out in a room outback. Thsi woodstove was completely hand made.....worked very well but not for me this day. I wasw feeding wood into the stove and where the door comes up against the stove there is a 1/4 inch thick flange that sticks out about an inch and a half tyhat the door sits over when it closes. needless to say i was loading in the wood and somehow  wasntpaying full attention and went to throw prob a 20 lb peice of wood in with just my right hand but i just missed getting it entirely in and smashed my right hand ring finger between the peice of wood and thjat flange that stuck out. i had serious serius pain for like 6 hrs but i stopeed workin for like 20 minutes then continued to work with my left handf for the remainder of the day. when i got home i heated up a needle and meltedit down through my nail to releive the pressure....WOW did that feel great, massive amount of blood came out to. anyhow i lost that fingernail and have since grown it back but that was a shitty deal
[post=365653]Quoted post[/post]​

That’s what I made like 6 years ago when I first got into auto body but right now I’m at $10.50 flat rate, week before last I flagged over 100 hours, so its like I’m making $22+ an hour. The reason I only made $7.50 (state minimum for flat rate techs) is because we didn’t have any work, which is kind of the reason I’m home right now. I got 2 jobs the whole week and total they had like 20 hours on them, I stood around all fucking week with nothing to do and Friday at 2pm my work still wasn’t painted, so I left. Then the adjuster thinks he can give the other tech the full time on the estimate for simply throwing on a bumper cover and a door handle (ILLEGAL). Today they pulled around a civic that that needed a new quarter welded on that just happened to be started by the same tech who took my hours (he is on vacation this week and left the car partially dismantled) So I told the adjuster that I was taking the full 26 hours on the estimate and he said no, so I left. The other tech, a 40 something year old guy (my roomie was fucking his daughter ;) ) Had completely nig rigged the quarter and was far from ICAR standards, so I could possibly get sued if I had worked on the car. THANK GOD all I have left to do Is throw on a S2000 bumper and I’m out of there for good, (Friday was supposed to be my last day cause I’m moving)

this didnt happen at my work, and this didnt even happen to a worker at the garage, but...

the boss's nephew, or cousin or whatever, came into the garage..he's not all there either. he picks up an impact wrench, locked and loaded with a keyed lug nut for a 3/4 ton pickup and winds it down onto his finger. i almost passed out, it was fucking gruesome. everyone's running around not knowing what to do, hollering 'take him to the hospital!'....the boss comes over and winds the nut back off his finger!!!!! bahaha puts toilet paper over his mangled finger and duct tapes it up...i was like oh my fuck, are u sure.

one of the grossest things i have ever seen..just imagine what his finger looked like. he eventually did go to the hospital

banged out an intern.. then had her female friend walk in on us in my office and ended up staying and watching fiddling with the twiddle

slit a chunk of skin off my thumb on a knife holder.

... yes the knife HOLDER... not the knives. :blink:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 19 2004, 10:02 PM
i worked 15 hours today
got paid for 8.

life sucks.
salary sucks.
[post=365520]Quoted post[/post]​

shut up and get back to work.

There are 6'2 200# italian law school dropouts that would kill to get a job like yours with the salary you are making.

me to boss at brian's job:

yessir, nosir, may i shine your shoes, wipe your ass after you take a shit sir?

Back