Would This Motor Work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

just wondering about this setup...

b16a block
ctr pistons
ls rods
gsr crank
gsr Head (with ctr cams, itr valves and valve springs)
and any other mods that maybe u guys can fill in

would it be better to work on a b16a block or GSR block thanx.

that will not work, the b16 has a smaller deck height than the other b series motors. i'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish using ls rods, you should use gsr rods. you will run into clearance issues putting a gsr crank in a b16. if you want to stroke the b16, look into putting a b17 crank in it.

how come then all the stroker kits i seen for a b16 has a stroke of 87.2....just like a GSR (b18c) i want to put ls rods is because ctr pistons wont fit GSR rods....what about b16a rods....will ctr pistons fit b16a with a GSR crank.....and what about b17 rods; will ctr pistons fit b17 rods?

Originally posted by 22crazy@Feb 19 2003, 05:05 PM
how come then all the stroker kits i seen for a b16 has a stroke of 87.2....just like a GSR (b18c) i want to put ls rods is because ctr pistons wont fit GSR rods....what about b16a rods....will ctr pistons fit b16a with a GSR crank.....and what about b17 rods; will ctr pistons fit b17 rods?

i think those stroker kits are for a B16B, which is the same height as a b18/b20.

Decking your block is machining metal off of it to make it true again or to raise compression ratio, which it always does. The stroker kit may have the same spec as a GSR crank but it also will add material to the block to make room for the pistons/head. If you already have a B16 block you can easily sell it for enough money to buy a B18 series block. Save money on machining the block and make more power.

ur better off starting with a gsr block. torque is the key and since hondas dont make lots of it you need to squeeze every ftlb u can. id run ctr pistons in the gsr block. then get some headwork done.

why would you put ctr pistons when they are mass expensive and you can actually get like some aftermarket ones that own ctr ones. Only reason I would say is if you got it for free or real cheap.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Feb 23 2003, 06:40 PM
why would you put ctr pistons when they are mass expensive and you can actually get like some aftermarket ones that own ctr ones. Only reason I would say is if you got it for free or real cheap.

ctr pistons are $200 new, that is not that bad for pistons

Originally posted by 22crazy@Feb 20 2003, 05:03 PM
no actually its for the b16a...crower makes a kit wit 89mm stroke, and i only wanted 87.2

the crower stroker kits come with custom cranks, rods and pistons designed specificly for the b16 block for it to accommodate a larger stroke. you can't just throw a b18 crank and rods in a b16 block, even if the crank does fit, it will put the pistons through the head, the b16 block is physically shorter than the b16 block.

Originally posted by turborex13@Feb 23 2003, 09:23 PM
torque is the key and since hondas dont make lots of it you need to squeeze every ftlb u can.

It is better to make high torque in higher rpm band.

Back