would you let your gf/bf hang out with their ex?

Would you let your gf or bf hang out with there ex?

• No, they shouldn't even talk to each other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, i would be totally cool if they hung out together without me the

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Sep 2 2005, 02:45 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Sep 2 2005, 04:13 PM
I was going to type some sort of explanation as to why I posted what I did, but I decided that I don't have to explain myself - to you especially.

Do you have a girlfriend? Have you had many?

It doesn't appear as if you have. What you said, isn't realistic to 99.9% of girls. People act and react based upon emotions, not rational thinking. I've done it before, I've been through the arguments before after saying those words, I have experience with it.

Turn your nose down, snob.
[post=548937]Quoted post[/post]​

Why do you always feel like you can judge me based on an extremely shallow if even existent "understanding" of people and a situation you know JACK SHIT about. I've been happily in a relationship for 3 and a half years. My girl and I trust each other with our lives. I guess we're the only two that go against the trend, because both of us think things through and make rational decisions every day of our lives.

Maybe YOU are the one who needs to turn his nose down - fact of the matter is, you CAN'T judge me, and I DON'T have to answer to YOU. If you feel otherwise, you can kindly take a long walk off a short pier.

So, you're basing a judgement on your experience with one girl. Brilliant. You have expertise with one girl.

I trust my girl with my life as well and am currently in the same situation that you are BUT I understand the general populus. Are you a pyschology major? Do you study people? Do you think that after studying peoples for both collegiate reasons and as a personal interest my entire life wouldn't give me any indepth information about how people generally act?

Its the general consensus of most guys on this board that "bitches ain't nothing but tricks and hoes" and that they're irrational and crazy beings.

As I already pointed out, most are irrational because people when put in a relationship situation, especially speaking in terms of females, act on emotions ALONE and not by using rational thinking and logic. Tell what you said to your girlfriend to most girls and see what happens. Tell it to most guys and what happens. I can guarantee you that the majority of people become upset and irrational.

Its great that your girlfriend understands, as does my current girlfriend, but every other girl I've ever been with and every other girl that any friends of mine have been with, have gone ape shit when you set limitations on their freedom.

Strip anyone of their freedoms and see what happens... can you say revolution?

Women are irrational and crazy beings ?

No no no no .... Lets take that in the right step. People are irrational and crazy beings.

Now, don't you all feel refreshed ? It's one thing to bash the opposite sex - Do it all you want. But deep down inside you need to realise that each one of us is profoundly fucked up - Both in reality and in the perception of other people.

That said, it's my personal experience that I say "No, absolutely not!" Because I used to think otherwise, then I learned. Wisdom often makes us appear to be profoundly fucked up. And in your eyes, I'm pretty fucked up.

So here, I have stated both my observations (Positive, as they may be) and I have validated them in tangible terms.

-> Steve

I understand fully that everyone is different and that 99% of females (and males for that matter) react based on emotion and not their sensibilities. And again, you incorrectly assume that I've only been in one relationship. I've had 3 girlfriends (including this one), as a matter of fact.

Believe it or not, I'm not just another moron. You don't have to lecture me. Would it kill you to not bust my nuts every time I state my opinion? kthx.

GUYS THINK WITH THEIR PENIS! seriously thats all there is to it. fuck that were just friend bullshit cause they just want to hit it.

Well I'm good friends with 3 of ny ex's. Nothing happens ever. Why? Cause we've been there and done that, it didn't work so we moved on. I have never had a problem with trust, you either have it or don't, ther is no middle ground.

Most women are rotten liars with no basic regard for relationship ethics. If they think they can get away with fucking around, they will do it because they are ALL suckers for any kind of attention and will do anything to get it. Period. If you give her permission to hang out with him, that's basically giving her permission to fuck him. At least, that how it works in the underdeveloped female brain.

i'd say it was better if you knew this guy. but yea, you're not her daddy. i hate that shit.

if you can't trust her, it's not a relationship anyway.

Yeah man, it all just depends on if you trust her completely or not. What would you do in the same situation? Maybe you could tell her that you trust her, and you aren't going to police her friendship with her ex. However, if she is only looking for some exsex, then you could suggest that you don't want to be hurt.

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 2 2005, 05:33 PM
Women are irrational and crazy beings ?

No no no no .... Lets take that in the right step. People are irrational and crazy beings.

I know.

I was saying it on a singular level because I was specifically talking of a woman's reactions. Both men and women REact on emotions, but women in a relationship situation are notorious REacting and erupting from emotion.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 2 2005, 05:34 PM
I understand fully that everyone is different and that 99% of females (and males for that matter) react based on emotion and not their sensibilities. And again, you incorrectly assume that I've only been in one relationship. I've had 3 girlfriends (including this one), as a matter of fact.

3 girlfriends? ...and I'm going to take your dating advice seriously? You've most likely had 3 hand picked girlfriends that are rational just like yourself, that weren't just flings, if you've only had 3 and you're 20 now.

Believe it or not, I'm not just another moron. You don't have to lecture me. Would it kill you to not bust my nuts every time I state my opinion? kthx.

I can and do, but there's no need to be defensive when I say anything but its obviously all just opinion.

This time, I'm not going to let it slide when you just don't have the experience which was readily apparent from your statement.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 2 2005, 09:17 PM
if you trust your girl, then you should let her hang out with whomeever she choses.
if you don't, you should probably re-think your entire relationship.
[post=548886]Quoted post[/post]​

I was scrolling through looking for this.

Exactly. If you don't trust her, than your relationship isn't that good anyway. I can see not trusting him, but you have to trust that she wil do right by you, if not, than forget it.

fuck trust... no way would i let my girlfriend hang out with any of her ex boyfriends. I have no trust issues but i just dont like it... plain and simple.

well, if you want to hear of a really messed up situtation. I just married my brother's ex girlfriend. We are still cool and everything. Also, i don't mind them hanging out. I don't see a problem. It has to do with trust and ipersonal security. If you don't trust your girl, there is a problem. If you just don't trust her ex then let it go. If a girl wants to cheat she will. There is no stopping it. Same with guys. So just let it be then you can relax and really put your relationship to the test.

Originally posted by Liquidblaze@Sep 2 2005, 09:00 PM
well, if you want to hear of a really messed up situtation. I just married my brother's ex girlfriend. We are still cool and everything. Also, i don't mind them hanging out. I don't see a problem. It has to do with trust and ipersonal security. If you don't trust your girl, there is a problem. If you just don't trust her ex then let it go. If a girl wants to cheat she will. There is no stopping it. Same with guys. So just let it be then you can relax and really put your relationship to the test.
[post=549003]Quoted post[/post]​

^^ oh oooh he** nooo...WTF...?

I would'nt do it...I would not let my girl go out with her ex or even talk to the bastard...I know for a fact that they are going to at least kiss or something..I know, i used to do it....Trust me, and i still do it..Or they do it to me....lol

Well like others said... if you don't trust her then don't be in a relationship blah blah blah. However... I do agree that she may be looking for you to react a certain way. Thats a pretty common scenario. Also.... I find it odd that she hangs out with him alone and speaks with him on the phone yet she has never introduced the two of you. To me this sets off HUGE fucking warning signs. That just doesn't make any sense. YOU are a part of her life now and she should want to share you with him if they really are friends. If it was a female friend of hers would she be hesitant to introduce the two of you?? My gut says no. So.... I don't know man, something doesn't seem right. Girls like guys to be confident and you should show her that you trust her, but put your foot down and insist that you at least meet the guy. Then you can let him know he isn't gonna be Plan B cause your womans Plan A is working out fine.

Originally posted by E-dogg@Sep 3 2005, 12:26 AM
Well like others said... if you don't trust her then don't be in a relationship blah blah blah. However... I do agree that she may be looking for you to react a certain way. Thats a pretty common scenario. Also.... I find it odd that she hangs out with him alone and speaks with him on the phone yet she has never introduced the two of you. To me this sets off HUGE fucking warning signs. That just doesn't make any sense. YOU are a part of her life now and she should want to share you with him if they really are friends. If it was a female friend of hers would she be hesitant to introduce the two of you?? My gut says no. So.... I don't know man, something doesn't seem right. Girls like guys to be confident and you should show her that you trust her, but put your foot down and insist that you at least meet the guy. Then you can let him know he isn't gonna be Plan B cause your womans Plan A is working out fine.
[post=549072]Quoted post[/post]​

:worthy: werd up..... :withstupid:

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Sep 2 2005, 06:36 PM
Most women are rotten liars with no basic regard for relationship ethics. If they think they can get away with fucking around, they will do it because they are ALL suckers for any kind of attention and will do anything to get it. Period. If you give her permission to hang out with him, that's basically giving her permission to fuck him. At least, that how it works in the underdeveloped female brain.
[post=548971]Quoted post[/post]​

holy fucking word.^^
I trust my girlfriend now, she could hang out with anyone anywhere and i could not give a shit.
I know my girlfriend wouldn't cheat on me, and if she did, i'd give her the ol 'move along' brushing motion.
If your GF has ever given you a reason to NOT trust her, i'd say just drop her off in a ditch tomorrow, it's never going to work like it should/could.
If she hasn't, maybe you have some insecurities to figure out.
I didn't trust my Ex because i caught her up in one lie, which later became 2, and then around 903.
God should have made all women blind and mute instead of menstration, we suffer during this time, and we didn't eat the fucking apple!

dude...shes to open with him...I dont think she should be telling him everything..I think she still has a weakness for him.....You said he dumped her right..? I dont get it....
something tells me, she still wants him and that sooner or later they are going to get back together.... :(

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 2 2005, 12:17 PM
if you trust your girl, then you should let her hang out with whomeever she choses.
if you don't, you should probably re-think your entire relationship.
[post=548886]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: My Tip is to not react to the situation, and become friends with the man.

Back