WRX Owners...

WRX: Yay or Neigh ?

• WRX is killin' me, Not that great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get the 05 Civ

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Good choice, Steve. Have fun with the AWD! What made you choose the WRX as opposed to the Saab? GM's got a KILLER deal on the Saab.

I've been telling you all along.. it's an 02 Scoob. The new ones were out of the budget.

UPDATE: WRXs are fucking retarded

It's a beautiful car, and it's getting that Boxer exhaust sound. just had a ton of maintenance done to it, since it was brought in at the 50,000 service. But I have to say, no fucking station needs to be that fast. I mean this thing is faster than the MR2 SC. It corners well (IF you were wondering, the tires have been switched over to Yoko H4s) and it behaves completely out of it's character. It's like a ... Hard to describe.

Truly neat. Glad we didn't get the 05 Civ. If it were ME, I would have gotten the Civ - But the Civ is a toy kind of car, the Scoob is a serious, sophisticated ... Station wagon. It's all grown up.

Anyway, it was a good day. Out

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 11 2005, 09:31 PM
I've been telling you all along.. it's an 02 Scoob. The new ones were out of the budget.

It's a beautiful car, and it's getting that Boxer exhaust sound. just had a ton of maintenance done to it, since it was brought in at the 50,000 service. But I have to say, no fucking station needs to be that fast. I mean this thing is faster than the MR2 SC. It corners well (IF you were wondering, the tires have been switched over to Yoko H4s) and it behaves completely out of it's character. It's like a ... Hard to describe.

Truly neat. Glad we didn't get the 05 Civ. If it were ME, I would have gotten the Civ - But the Civ is a toy kind of car, the Scoob is a serious, sophisticated ... Station wagon. It's all grown up.

[post=511279]Quoted post[/post]​

I know, I know.

And, glad to see you are impressed. It's always a good thing to feel good about a purchase.

good kill steve.

any chance of you hitting bristol?

cant wait to see the wagon.

Like the MR2, it won't be at Bristol ... unless we convince Sue to start x'ing it. The Civic, however, is back. If I can get the timing belt on it done, then I'll start seeing you at auto-x.

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 11 2005, 09:31 PM

[post=511279]Quoted post[/post]​

See? Told ya. ;)

Seriously though, congrats. As I said, there are some quick, cheap mods that can be done to harness a bit more power, vastly improve handling, and give you a nice big smile on your face. :)

And if you ever get the bug, installing an aftermarket catless turbo uppipe makes an incredible difference. It is THE first mod to do to WRX's. It'll make boost come at least 500 rpm more quickly, if not more. It makes the car even more fun to drive.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jun 12 2005, 04:42 PM
:wtf: good is a rally inspired car, if drive it to the store or work and back...
[post=511454]Quoted post[/post]​

Key notes: AWD traction for corners, balanced braking, I don't have to worry about her in the snow, and ultimately - 100% her purchase. I like seeing her in exciting cars, because regardless of counter argument, a fun car makes you a happier person.

I believe that black-out acceleration is as much a safety feature as hard-hitting brakes. I think that sport suspension is more important than airbags. I think that expensive, high-grip tires and lightweight wheels that react quickly to road anomolies is the very basic safety feature that every car, and every person, should have.

She doesn't rally, but neither do you :)

I need help to convince her to autocross so she can develop the skills necessary to handle the car as if it's an extension of herself, She doesn't need to become a fanatic, just try it out. Now I need ideas on that. I wanna bring her to another autocross, after I get the Civic timing belt done, and show her a good time to be had. I may even try to register her simply for dollar runs at the end.

-> Steve

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 13 2005, 04:22 PM

See? Told ya. ;)

Seriously though, congrats. As I said, there are some quick, cheap mods that can be done to harness a bit more power, vastly improve handling, and give you a nice big smile on your face. :)

And if you ever get the bug, installing an aftermarket catless turbo uppipe makes an incredible difference. It is THE first mod to do to WRX's. It'll make boost come at least 500 rpm more quickly, if not more. It makes the car even more fun to drive.
[post=511763]Quoted post[/post]​

She won't be modding. I'm glad it came with the Momo wheel, BBS wheels and stuff so I wouldn't be so itching to add the stuff. The seats are the next concern, but that's years down the road. As for exhaust, maybe. I've heard some neato full-line exhausts for the car, and I'll just wait for the factory one to rot out. It's on it's way now.

The turbo downpipe is great, but I don't get what people are saying about RPM envelopes. Turbo's don't kick on at a specific RPM, they go it by vacuum demands. There may be logic in there to prevent low-rpm spooling to preserve piston rings and lugging conditions, but I'm sure that if I floored it at 1500 rpm the boost would be on before 3000 rpm.

-> Steve
I would do it all differently, but then again, that's why I have my own cars

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 14 2005, 10:27 AM
She won't be modding. I'm glad it came with the Momo wheel, BBS wheels and stuff so I wouldn't be so itching to add the stuff. The seats are the next concern, but that's years down the road. As for exhaust, maybe. I've heard some neato full-line exhausts for the car, and I'll just wait for the factory one to rot out. It's on it's way now.

The turbo downpipe is great, but I don't get what people are saying about RPM envelopes. Turbo's don't kick on at a specific RPM, they go it by vacuum demands. There may be logic in there to prevent low-rpm spooling to preserve piston rings and lugging conditions, but I'm sure that if I floored it at 1500 rpm the boost would be on before 3000 rpm.

-> Steve
I would do it all differently, but then again, that's why I have my own cars
[post=512065]Quoted post[/post]​

No, the catalytic converter within the uppipe will prevent full boost from hitting before 3500 rpm, or maybe it's as high as 3800. I don't remember, it's been so long since I replaced it. It's definitely restrictive, though. Also, if you're already up in the RPM range and low throttle, and floor it, full boost will come on more quickly with an aftermarket uppipe.

BTW, I envy you for getting BBS wheels on the WRX. :D

Also, if you're looking at full turboback exhaust, I'm in love with my Vishnu exhaust. It looks stock, has a low rumble and doesn't buzz at high RPM's. It's also got a high-flow cat near the end of the exhaust stream as well. I've been told the APS looks and behaves similarly as well.

Yeah, it's costly. About $1100 new, but you can always find used ones for $900 or so. Costly, but well worth it, IMO. The APS unit is a bit cheaper. But for the most part, you won't find a good turboback system for under $700.

Yeah, they're pretty high.

But I've ridden in WRX's with Apexi N1 catbacks, Blitz Nur-spec, and HKS exhausts. They all suck balls, especially at high RPM's. The Nur-spec was one of the loudest things I've ever heard.

The TurboXS exhaust is pretty nice too, but doesn't have a cat or resonator, so it tends to be kinda loud too.

Back