xsi swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdm2gen03

ok heres the situation..... swap in an obd-1 xsi b16 into my 90 2gen. wired in the vtec and all that and wired in the obd-1 distributor to my stock wiring harness and bought a obd-0 to obd-1 conversion harness for the pr3 ecu. so here we go it had a fuel rail gasket leak but the car started but wouldnt idle. so we got the fuel rail fixed and the car started but didnt run 2 well. then went to start it again and it blew the distributor so bought a stock obd-0 dizzy that came for my car and hooked that up and the car turns over but wont fire up. and i'm in the procces of borrowing my friends car to check if any codes are being thrown but just curious if anyone has advice that i could try to get it runin thanx.

I performed a XSi swap in my 1990 civic, the pr3 ecu is obd 0, not obd1, that may be a problem.

hope that helps.

well the pr3 i have is obd-1 so i dnt know wat to do.... i'm gonna be chekin sum things and keep everyone updated but more advice would help thanx

the PR3 was both OBD0 and OBD1 because the 2 gen teg was 90-93, obd1 began in 92 cars, I have an OBD1 PR3 ecu sitting right next to me at the moment.

Originally posted by jdm2gen03@Dec 8 2004, 12:12 AM
so bought a stock obd-0 dizzy that came for my car and hooked that up and the car turns over but wont fire up.
[post=428305]Quoted post[/post]​

Anyone else think this might be an OBD problem?

What kind of plugs are you using? sounds like a dumb question i know, but every honda i worked on that used anything but NGK plugs blew the ignitor in the distrubutor. Also when those cars did run with the other plugs they always had an irractic idle. If that doesnt work use a different OBD1 ecu like a p28 or p30 to try and see if the car will run smooth with a different ecu, then u kno the ecu you have is not good, happened to me when I got my GSR swap from Hmotors, called em up and sent me another one that worked fine.

You cannot run a OBD0 distributor with an OBD1 ECU, it just will not work right.

w3rd. eric (this person above me) helped us with our XSi swap into a 90 teg. i didn't think the obd0 dist. would work...

and well... i just don't think it will... we had to splice that bish in there. :)

ran well too. still does, but misti needs a new dizzy.

Originally posted by Black Widow g2@Dec 10 2004, 12:34 AM
w3rd. eric (this person above me) helped us with our XSi swap into a 90 teg. i didn't think the obd0 dist. would work...

and well... i just don't think it will... we had to splice that bish in there. :)

ran well too. still does, but misti needs a new dizzy.
[post=429810]Quoted post[/post]​

Its probley the dizzy CPS is not matching up with ecu.

well new problem... and yes the obd-0 dizzy does work but there is water in the motor wich means one of two things, either blown head gasket or jus from sittin so long. hopefully its from jus sittin so long and not the blown head gasket. gonna do a compression teat within the next few days.

Originally posted by ksrcivic@Dec 9 2004, 08:57 PM
What kind of plugs are you using? sounds like a dumb question i know, but every honda i worked on that used anything but NGK plugs blew the ignitor in the distrubutor. Also when those cars did run with the other plugs they always had an irractic idle.
[post=429708]Quoted post[/post]​

In my B16 with the Denso's seemed to idle alot smoother than my set of NGK's but now I had to put another set of NGK's (cooler ones) when I put my NX Kit on..

Back