yes yes another D16Z6 vs mini-me swap Q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drizzy Drake

I have a D16Z6 that I blew auto-xing and now im not sure if it would be best to just put another D16Z6 in or a mini me motor or D15B?:eek: I would like to know if the D15B7 block will work to do the mini me set up. I don't know if its the same as the D15B that everyone refers to in the wright up's. Also would it be more usefull to build the bottom end of D15b7 if they are the same since its got alot of miles on it (130,000+)?

Im a collage student and am on a budget tighter then a straight guys ass.

I can get a D15B7 complete with tranny and head ready to drop in from a friend
for 400 bones. A D16Z6 is $795 without shipping. But I don't want to sacrafice performance because ones cheaper then the other.

Remember this is for auto-xing and class doesnt matter I race myself every run...

Any help would be great. I have a alot more questions but im not sure if this will even take off with replys...

Thank you for your time and a wonderful site! :D

d15b7 is the economy engine...hardly autox-able. If I were you, and your transmission is in good shape, get the d15b. Its only like $550 on honda motors online, and its becoming more and more popular as people are finding out about its potential.

Either that, or buy a vtec head for like 200 bucks and have fun at your own expense and you'll still only make like 110-116hp'ish as opposed to the d15b.

Back