zc swap vs mini me swap ??????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanks for the info and on the harness is that for the dpfi to mpfi cause i already done that and i'm still getting the hang of all the wiring parts and if yall know anybody that may have a head or any of the parts i need let me know if you will

the zc is kinda out dated but its a sick set up if you do it right. i have a friend doing a mini me build and hes goin for 600hp or something close to that but he also has darton sleeves. so i would do the mini me

The zc is about as outdated as any other d series so your comment is null.

The minime's are mainly intended for a higher compression motor that will still get sub 130hp.

No matter what, if your building a d series for numbers larger than 250 your going to want to dig into the motor a bit, vitara setups with a block guard are proven to work cause vitaras and the sleeves have about the same failure point.

Vitaras and the dohc zc is bad as it drops the c/r to 7 something:1.

600hp with a d series....hes going to need more than a sleeve and a big deep pocket.

Non vtec zc is basicly an a6, the vtec zc is basicly a z6.

Last edited:
ok scratch that last post
i think i got it now
Parts
D16 Z6 complete head with dizzy
D16 Z6 head gasket and timing belt
1 P28 ecu
wire + plug for vtec oil pressure switch
1 4 wire o2 sensor
i forgot the wire harness for the swap thanks for letting me know about that

one quick question can i still use the same intake and injectors i used to do the dpfi to mpfi swap or do i need to upgrade my injectors

dpfi uses 2 injectors one big one small, mpfi uses 4 all teh same size.

I would ask for papers on the port and polish job as well as a flowbench chart. I would also ask what purpose the head work was meant for, n/a or boost.

i know i kinda got screwed with my dpfi to mpfi swap from someone off ebay so i'm not sure about buying that i seen a few y8 heads on the already rebuilt for like 225 or 250 and i checked with the salvage yards around here and the don't have any civics or they are not the ones with the d16y8 motors

Back