Your tax dollars hard at work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Haha.

If you hate that your tax money is being spent on that, you'd absolutely despise what we do in my office.

Very cool. I don't mind it. Gives the air force a couple of show cars to flaunt around for recruiting. And its great engineering exercises to boot.

Honda has their little robot, Toyota has all sorts of pointless oddball toys.. This is money well spent. Great for company morale, thinking outside of the box, press coverage, etc..

Whats really funny is, when the govt took a controlling interest in GM I was going to photo chop a mil-spec new camaro.. (OD green, serial numbers stenciled, weapons here and there.. Was too lazy to do it, and now they've beat me to it.

Other than the paint and interior the Challenger looks lame to me. The Mustang looks pretty cool though. But having a shifter between the legs seems like it'd be awkward. You could smack your nuts powershifting!

military issued equipment into american muscle? yeah. sounds decent to me. I'd rather them invest and adapt new ways into cars. I mean, we've always thought, as a general population, that in the new millennium we're going to have flying cars and newer ways of life. I'd rather them spend the money on new engineering, than to go out and bail a dying company thats just going to file for bankrup.

New engineering? Are you shitting me? They didn't develop any new technology, and I'll bet that the cars were built by civilian contractors anyway. They made some gimmicky cars so that 18-25 year olds would think "zomg teh military is win".

It's obviously working.

Back