ZC swap to std

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BoogieDown

do i need Si hubs and axles or can i use DX hubs and axles i have a 4speed?

sorry for a the noob questions this is my first honda swap i have done. all that stuff i know has 4 more cyls and 400hp. i use to rag on imports till i started reading more about them and seen what can be done to them. nuff w/ that do i use the axles from the car i get the axles from? or ZC axles and when i call Nappa does year or model matter? again sorry for all the noob questions

zc trany is totally worth getting your hands on. It is lower gearing and has a limited slip. only down side is you wil be running at 3500 rpms @ 70mph.

i'm going w/ the DX tranny cuz of price and theres so many. might be a dumb question but do i need JDM spindles and do i need all the brake parts too or can i use mine. i'm geting tax refund soon so its time to shopin for pieces parts

I would not suggest useing a DX 4 speed it will suck. Maybe a DX 5 speed or LX 5 speed. What good is an Si tranny or the very best is get an Si and ZC tranny and swap the final drive so you got low rpms in 5 gear but the nice quick ZC 1-4 gears. Oh and not ZC trannys come with and LSD. If you use a ZC tranny you need different axles two same sized cause the ZC has an intermedate shaft. I think 88-89 Teg axles will work.

Back