Zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

Yeah i was wondering if i could juss swap the ZC engine and ECU into my 89 civic CRX HF or would i need the trans also? cuz my buddy is sellin a ZC Engine and I was wondering what would happen and would it last? well thanks for your replys
TJ

You can keep your stock transmission, but you really should swap it out for at least an Si tranny, maybe even a sedan unit if you can't get the Si one. The long gearing in your HF transmission will really hurt your acceleration.

ok im am telling you first hand... i just swapped a dohc zc into my 89 crx hf 3 mos ago, and i didnot get a new trani i kept my stock hf trani, and it sucks balls, gears are too long. Im looking for a better trani now but i cant find one i can afford..! I wish i would have just swapped it when i did the swap.

Originally posted by crxracing77@Feb 20 2003, 01:24 PM
ok im am telling you first hand... i just swapped a dohc zc into my 89 crx hf 3 mos ago, and i didnot get a new trani i kept my stock hf trani, and it sucks balls, gears are too long. Im looking for a better trani now but i cant find one i can afford..! I wish i would have just swapped it when i did the swap.

You want a 1990 Si transmission? I might be selling one soon.

Originally posted by crxracing77@Feb 20 2003, 10:26 PM
how much... im kinda on the broke side... but yeah i would like it

Not sure yet... just got it dropped off yesterday, and I want to verify that it's definitely an Si transmission before I try to sell it as one. Give me some time- I'll post it when I'm ready.

Back