Zimmerman - NOT Guilty.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, as has been pointed out numerous times; When it comes to Stand Your Ground you don't even have to incur any physical trauma at all. If you (reasonably) feel your life or limb is under legitimate serious threat, and you have no way to escape, you have the right to defend yourself by any means necessary.

Do these idiots really expect one to wait until they suffer a life threatening injury to be able to fight back? Luckily for Zimmerman this was Florida and not New York.

The problem with Hispanics is they can be really write in the first place. Now if we are taking about a Hispanic from the inca days that is still pretty pure... Most hispanics have a mixture of European in them if they know it or not. Thanks Spain and its local countries.

My dad's parents are 100% Colombian (like literally two generations from being considered indians) so is my dad. My kid's mom is a mix of mostly italian and cherokee indian with other white somewhere along the line.

When my daughter was born you wouldnt have even been able to guess who her mom was. lol I love it

My girl looks EXACTLY like me. So yes, it is true that genes are stronger more with the pure blooded hispanics like you described.

I actually don't like the way we're categorized... It would make more sense if a person's descriptor had more to do with their actual genetic profile rather than their appearance.

Besides, as has been pointed out numerous times; When it comes to Stand Your Ground you don't even have to incur any physical trauma at all. If you (reasonably) feel your life or limb is under legitimate serious threat, and you have no way to escape, you have the right to defend yourself by any means necessary.

Do these idiots really expect one to wait until they suffer a life threatening injury to be able to fight back? Luckily for Zimmerman this was Florida and not New York.
i think the stand your ground law implies you do not have to attempt to escape
in NY you would have to attempt to flee and only use deadly force if you could not escape

I'm not convinced that Zimmerman didn't bring much of the situation onto himself or that the conflict went down EXACTLY as stated.

That's not consequential to the outcome. Again, I have the luxury of analyzing everything over a long period of time. He had seconds. Whether or not, in the time since the incident, he's also re-thought his actions and questioned if they're necessary is also of no consequence as long as in that moment, he responded in a way that he felt was appropriate.

I know I'm not arguing a point that many on here with disagree with - it's just frustrating to see arm chair quarterbacks go through the slow motion play by play and then expect Zimmerman to have been able to respond to the situation in the same manner.

Bottom line...
I don't think Zimmerman ever truly believed he was going to die. Sure, he may have been scared, even terrified, if he hadn't been in a physical conflict before but he likely had enough time to understand that he was just going to take a pounding rather than get killed. With that said, I think when he decided to pop off a shot, he also didn't think he was going to kill TM. I would presume he thought, I don't want to take a beat down and I don't have to, so I'm going to shoot whoever the heck is hitting me, so they stop.

I'm just projecting what my thoughts may have been, I'll never truly know, but I like to believe that, that thought pattern is of a normal human being.

It's how the media works. They speculate, they doctor stuff, and they do it all to create public buzz; meanwhile, they assume zero accountability. Just look for the special phrases that allow them to fabricate whatever they want: phrases like "sources indicate", "officials say", "according to the report", "according to a recent survey" etc...Of course they never disclose who "officials" are or what questions comprised the "recent surveys". When they get accused of saying something wrong, they can claim that "reports" were misleading and a public apology is made...scapegoats fired (if situation is bad enough)etc... by then no-one cares about the story; damage is done...money is made.

Besides, we all know the media loves the race issue. Had Zimmerman instead won the Nobel Peace Prize, we'd be hearing all about how Hispanic he is.

Even if he brought it on him self, it is inconsequential.

he could have followed, chased, confronted, and been like, OH HEY MAN! WHATS UP! lets go have a beer!

Going up to to say hi to someone, investigate who it is, or otherwise is not illegal, and nor does it imply any form of intent of negligence or malice. this is what the liberals can't seem to grasp.

That's what I fail to understand as well. All I've really heard so far is "that the law is stupid and that it shouldn't let you kill another person." They always fail to mention that Zimmerman was getting the piss beaten out of him for essentially asking Trayvon what he was doing. If I lived in a gated community and a similar situation happened you can bet I'm going to do the exact same thing.

i think the stand your ground law implies you do not have to attempt to escape
in NY you would have to attempt to flee and only use deadly force if you could not escape
Same here in NJ. One punch is self-defense. If you then hit them again instead of trying to flee, it is assault.
I'm not convinced that Zimmerman didn't bring much of the situation onto himself or that the conflict went down EXACTLY as stated.

That's not consequential to the outcome. Again, I have the luxury of analyzing everything over a long period of time. He had seconds. Whether or not, in the time since the incident, he's also re-thought his actions and questioned if they're necessary is also of no consequence as long as in that moment, he responded in a way that he felt was appropriate.

I know I'm not arguing a point that many on here with disagree with - it's just frustrating to see arm chair quarterbacks go through the slow motion play by play and then expect Zimmerman to have been able to respond to the situation in the same manner.

Bottom line...
I don't think Zimmerman ever truly believed he was going to die. Sure, he may have been scared, even terrified, if he hadn't been in a physical conflict before but he likely had enough time to understand that he was just going to take a pounding rather than get killed. With that said, I think when he decided to pop off a shot, he also didn't think he was going to kill TM. I would presume he thought, I don't want to take a beat down and I don't have to, so I'm going to shoot whoever the heck is hitting me, so they stop.

I'm just projecting what my thoughts may have been, I'll never truly know, but I like to believe that, that thought pattern is of a normal human being.
Spoken, I assume, by someone who has never been trapped under someone taking a beating/ having your head smashed into something. One time off the pavement and you are severely disoriented, hell some people would be unconscious all together. Zimmerman didn't know this guy, he didn't know how far he would go before he stopped. Frankly, I think he showed restraint by only shooting one round. He wasn't thinking kill or be killed, he was thinking I need to nuetralize this guy before he kills me.

i was going to comment, but never being in a situation like this or even remotely near this i decided to just shut my mouth instead.

laws are stupid.

Inaccurate.

Technically it's the same COUNT, twice. Where the trial takes place isn't of significance. You can be tried at a lower level court, have it kicked all the way up to the supreme court, and back down. As long as it's all the same count and its a continuation, there isn't an issue. They just can't bounce you from courthouse to courthouse and try you for the same crime.

Hrmm...perhaps I shouldn't have assumed that local radio hosts "Dave and Chuck the Freak" were experts in the matter of judicial law...

Same here in NJ. One punch is self-defense. If you then hit them again instead of trying to flee, it is assault.
Spoken, I assume, by someone who has never been trapped under someone taking a beating/ having your head smashed into something. One time off the pavement and you are severely disoriented, hell some people would be unconscious all together. Zimmerman didn't know this guy, he didn't know how far he would go before he stopped. Frankly, I think he showed restraint by only shooting one round. He wasn't thinking kill or be killed, he was thinking I need to nuetralize this guy before he kills me.

No, this is spoken like a guy who HAS gotten into fights - which is why I don't freak out. I can remember back to a time when that wasn't the case - to a time when being in a choke meant struggling like hell and freaking out or being hit rocked me.

I don't presume that Zimmerman has some extensive fight experience which is why I'd assume he'd be frightened and disoriented. Still, after those first initial seconds, I think most people realize they're not going to die.

Again, that's not the issue here.

As for B's comment - well I don't care if its a gated community or not, if someone comes up to me and rides up on their high horse, acting like they own the place, I'm going to tell them to fuck off as well. I won't start whailing on them because I'm a decent human being. I don't believe that Martin just started wailing on Zimmerman unprovoked either. I think you guys are stretching the story a little too far. Some guy is chasing you down and questioning you - you don't know who they are. If they get a little too close to you or a little too cavalier in their approach, they should assume they may have a beat down come their way.

So yes, liberals = pansies.
Super conservatives? Well they need to back the fuck up too, because what they say, is the same as any other civilian. They have no more right to be in anyone's face or to 'protect their neighborhood' by bringing an inquiry on everyone in their neighborhood. You get in a stranger's face? You may not like the repercussions. The law shouldn't protect you from being a dumbass that doesn't extend common courtesy to other human beings. No one owed Zimmerman anymore respect than the average person.

These last statements may make it seem like I'm indicting Zimmerman - but I'm not. What he did wasn't a crime. It doesn't mean it was smart. Anyone who defends his actions as smart - is just as far off their rocker as the people saying his actions were evil and malicious.

Btw, all you civil rights, right wing huggers that use the argument - "Well he was just trying to detain him until police came" need to pipe down because you're the first ones that will say that your civil rights should never be infringed. Being detained by another civilian doesn't jive well with that argument. Heck, most on here would have a shit fit if a police officer even questioned them without having more probable cause than simply being at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

Last edited:
No, this is spoken like a guy who HAS gotten into fights -

s-FALLON-JERSEY-FLOOR-large300.jpg

I actually agree completely with Ian and Chad's awesome video above.

And using terms like liberal and conservative just perpetuates the us vs them mentality that is clouding the issues.

As a native floridian that has lived in several different parts of the state, I was raised with the attitude that most people have guns, and a lot of people carry them. In that, i assume that if i get in a fist fight, that the chance of guns coming it to play is relatively high. It is a very gun friendly place, and i feel that most people that are native floridians have similar attitude as myself. I know countless people with carry permits.

Its too bad most of the people here arent natives.. but thats another story.

And yes, that video was great! I had to share it on fb, something i never do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back