Zimmerman - NOT Guilty.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that had Zimmerman not had a gun, and Martin was the one on trial, not only would this have not been a national story, all of the outrage I'm reading on Facebook and the wishes for reprisal wouldn't be there.

I think it's the correct verdict for a Murder 2 charge. That's all I'm going to say since this story really doesn't deserve the national attention it got.

behold the power of the interwebs!

this didnt take long at all

0UWKgoH.gif

They are so happy, they be driving backwards.

Why is there a happy face in your post? I'm not trolling and I don't really know much about what happened. I just hear how everyone is pissed but you got a happy face lol.

People who are happy are looking at the facts, people who are pissed are looking at the race.

Most people are mad because they are spoon fed bull shit from the media. NBC decided to edit the 911 recording Zimmerman made to make him sound racist. They admitted they did it, but the story got almost no coverage, so everyone still assumes that the call they heard the day the story broke is how it actually happened.

But that's how america works. Everyone wants something sensational. That's why a mother killing her kids in a bath tub is national news. That's why this is national news. And that's why shit like Jersey Shore or whatever stays on TV. Our news isn't the news anymore. It's about selling advertising, and if people want to watch Jersey Shore, that's the same kind of thing you'll get on the news so they can keep selling the ad time.

From NBC:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

Real Quote:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

It seems like it's own type of racism to freak out over a "white" man killing a black youth but ignoring the hundreds of assaults and murders committed in the ghettos of America. Are we passed that someone was killed or are we passed a black man was killed by a white. And people seem to forget that Zimmerman was found innocent before a jury of his peers. Obviously the prosecutors office did not make their case.

I am shocked by the amount of eye witnesses on Facebook and Twitter that know GZ did it with murder in his heart. To bad they did not step forward earlier. I am just tired of all these celebrities and pundits spouting off about how they know for a fact the state of Florida is out to fuck the American people and let murders go left right and center but cannot be bothered to talk about drug laws that ruin the lives of minorities, or black on black violence that happens every god damn day. People need to stop looking at everything through the prism of emotion and exercise some logic and common sense.

George Zimmerman is hispanic by the way, not "white". I predicted that he was going to get off just because there is not enough evidence to prove that he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in the court of law. I think that people who look at this from a race perspective (one of the major points on the defense) are ignorant and sucked in by the media. A win for the justice system IMHO.

Im happy about the verdict, i think justice was served. Even more than that, Im happy i wont have to hear about this shit 30 times a day anymore.

Good verdict. The judge even tried to string Zimmerman up - she should have never allowed the lesser charges of manslaughter to have been levied at the last second. Literally they posted the charge when they were in or coming up on closing arguments. The prosecutor essentially acknowledged their case was weak and wanted the freebie, thinking he could convict on a manslaughter charge. The judge completely ignored what sort of message that would send - hey, let's just convict this guy of SOMETHING and didn't give the defense the proper time to prepare for a new charge at the last minute.

This was another case of political correctness gone too far.

Do I believe Zimmerman was foolish and didn't absolutely have to shoot Martin? Yes, absolutely but that's not the question here - or it wasn't until they levied the manslaughter charge. The question was simply did he intend to murder Martin? No absolutely not, he seemed genuinely surprised by all reports that Martin wound up dying. Now as for manslaughter, well hindsight is 20/20. We've had the advantage of having a year to make the decision whether or not shooting Martin was necessary. Zimmerman likely had less than 10 seconds to make that same decision.

Last edited:
never thought for 1 second he was guilty. Now it's day of black people whining and crying about injustice....

"Who shoots a gun for being punched?" I love how many people are saying you need to be a man and not use a gun unless you have to, because they were there and knew just how many punches it would take to go from ok to not ok.

Is it 3 punches, 5? Maybe 2?

Better yet, who the hell gets punched by a 12 year old and shoots back?

I didn't care when this story first broke, and I still don't care now that the trial is over.

Here comes two more months of people debating the hell out of it after the fact, and I still won't care.

This had absolutely no bearing on my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back