16 US troops killed today in Iraq

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Tonyd0821+Nov 3 2003, 11:27 AM-->
convertedstangbanger
@Nov 3 2003, 11:23 AM
i just we get saddam soon, i think hes behind the lastes rould of attacks.

no he is not. saddam is nothing. it is all the fanatical idiots out there that still believe in anti-americanism. even if we found saddam, and strung him up Mussolini style in the Iraqi town square, his constituants will still continue to "fight for the cause" and see saddam as a martyr for their so called cause.

we really just need to level that whole fucking country with a few nukes and be done with it. whats more important, a few iraqi lives and some oil, or the lives of american soldiers?

prime reason #1 why i would not make a good politician. id level all countries like that into fucking parking lots John Wayne style....Riding the "A" bomb out the chute of the airplane waving my coyboy hat wildly into the air....

what movie was that from anyways? i forget. it wasnt john wayne.....

what if say canada invaded us?

you know you and 99% of the people in the us would be the "fanatical idiots" out there killing every canuck we saw..

try seeing it from their shoes. some poeple dont want us there, others do. that means people on both sides die. fuck thats why they call it a war, people get killed. bush new that people would die when he decided to attack iraq, and thought that the end result would be worth the loss of life... but i dont think they are anywhere near finishing what the originally set off to do.

lets hope it doesnt turn into the next nam like you said.

There is no way in hell, that this will turn into another Vietnam. The reason I say this, is mostly because the length of the Vietnam war. Technically, we are no longer at war, we are losing people, because of fanatic attacks. 16 people was the largest in one day, I believe. We are not looking to take any more buildings, we are defending, and they come and suicide bomb us. There is no way you can fight that, a guy walks up to be inspected, and BOOM, 16 people are dead, that is the way it happens.

We are saving those people at the risk of our lives, sometimes that is needed. Saddam, tortured, killed, raped and God knows what else. Nobody needs to go through that, no matter who they are. Also, in a dictatorship, these people have no choices at all. Even down to the television, their media play the entire U.S. to be evil, down to the children. They only have one religion, the women have to be covered up, they are stricken in poverty. Those people are suffering while the people in power are living better than Donald Trump. Saddam had two Yachts, at least 5 mansions, cars, money I can go on. That is what we came over there to do, give those people freedom. Sure, oil had something to do with it, it wasn't a bad idea, gas prices are too high anyway. Anyway, my point is we might be losing people, but in the long wrong, the right cause will prevail.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Nov 3 2003, 01:57 PM
Yup. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Bomb.

kongdrop.jpg

mushroom.gif

Back on topic... this war sucks! I hate that Bush got us into this and that there is no actual plan for us leaving Iraq quickly. Actually there is no plan in place at all for us leaving. What does he care, he has no family over there in the armed services. :mad:

:(

you rock 99redsigal !!!!!!!

All I have to say is THANK GOD for those men and the sacrifice they're willing to take to protect our lazy ass's freedom.

Nothing but respect. and I'm SO glad my new brother in law is back over here in the states without a scratch on him. He's da shit.

Me :worthy: US soldiers

Originally posted by Wycked Sniper@Nov 3 2003, 03:33 PM
I can honestly understand and accept everyone's view. To each his own opinion. The problem I'm having is the much overused term "Our Boys". Everyone has a right to their opinion regardless of prior military experience. It just seems to be that the people voicing the term most loudly are the ones who have never served or had a friend "over there". I have done my share of duty in 3rd world shit countries, I bitched forever about, I got shot at by both counter snipers and rebels, hell I even got shot at by a sniper on the PT feild at Fort Bragg! But, I'm not going to sit back and complain about bringing "Our Boys" home. I pray that we do what's necessary and simply leave, regardless of the time frame. Thanks y'all for letting me vent a bit :D

I think the term "our boys" comes from the fact that they are US citizens, it doesn't matter whether or not someone has been in the service, as this is the whole point of nationalism. If we can't call them "our boys" then who are they fighting for?

my plan, Make a human chain of soldiers, tanks, and anything else thats shoots strung from eastern border to western border, walk from northen to southern border shooting anything that moves and let God sort it out :)
brutal_36.gif

j/p

its rediculous keeping our troops there without an exit plan. its like.."just try and stay alive y'all while we figure our way through this mess."

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Nov 3 2003, 06:15 PM
I say we leave and let the fucking ragheads sort it out.

dog eat dog

Bah. They'd bring it back over here like they did on th 9-11. Yeah. We left it alone long enough.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Nov 3 2003, 06:15 PM

dog eat dog

:lol:

all we gotta do is give each of them a bunch of weapons, no bombs, and let them go at it.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Nov 3 2003, 06:55 PM-->
liquid00meth
@Nov 3 2003, 06:15 PM

dog eat dog

Bah. They'd bring it back over here like they did on th 9-11. Yeah. We left it alone long enough.

you think our troops sitting in the streets like common cops is really gonna stop anything they're up to? i dont think so.

they planned 9-11 RIGHT HERE ON U.S. SOIL. they even flight trained in florida.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Nov 3 2003, 07:06 PM-->
Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 3 2003, 06:55 PM
liquid00meth
@Nov 3 2003, 06:15 PM

dog eat dog

you think our troops sitting in the streets like common cops is really gonna stop anything they're up to? i dont think so.

they planned 9-11 RIGHT HERE ON U.S. SOIL. they even flight trained in florida.

I'm not talking about sitting troops in US streets. we left the known terrorist groups alone long enough and we took it to the center hub and as far as we know, broke it up. It took a fucking national tragedy like 9-11 to realize it's not a middle east problem. It'll spread if left unchecked.

I know where they trained, and the FBI KNEW they were there before hand and knew the connections they had. They did nothing.

i was talking about the US troops sitting in the streets of Iraq. they are nothing but cops over there. cops with tanks.

Jiahanhao you can call it nationalism, patriotism or whatever you prefer. I was actually referring to the term "our boys" being yelled by those who sit all to comfortably on their collective asses. My point was not to take the term away from those who hold it in high regards. I was simply saying that I heard it most from the hippies standing in the middle of the street in Knoxville protesting the war. Not to mention those on tv who use it much like they used "think of the children or do it for the children".
Yes, there are woman there too. However I'm not going to change my words for political correctness. I'll just say "Soldier" as they all are. ;)

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Nov 3 2003, 07:29 PM
i was talking about the US troops sitting in the streets of Iraq. they are nothing but cops over there. cops with tanks.

I stand corrected. I missinterpreted what you said.

You're right they're not doing much of anything except getting killed sittin around pickin their noses with the M16s.

Back