2004 Accord V6 vs BMW 330

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dspeed

I'm not sure which car is faster, I have seen several places where they say that the BMW has a faster 0 - 60 time and 1/4 mile, but i believe that the accord has a similar drag coefficient, weighs less and has 15 more hp, so i just don't know why they say the bimmer is faster or am i getting the wrong info?? :blink:

rwd >>>> fwd for launching, so your going to get much better 60 ft times. It may also have to do with tire options (my dad when he bought his mini (mini = bmw) you could either buy a sticky summer tire, or all seasons) and more important then tires, the bmw MAY (I am just guessing here) have a closer ratio transmission.

If your are stuck between the two, if I were you :buyanm: (bmw anyways) True, the price of ownership is more, but they are much nicer cars.

:werd: BMW=Luxury.

Its worth almost every penny.

Although the Accord will be more reliable, the bmw is going to handle better, go faster, and be all around more comfortable, and you'll wish when driving the accord after a while, that you shelled out the extra bucks and went with the bmw.

Or test Drive both.

a true BMW race car is M3 or M5,
the rest once theyir engines are too weak, what I mean only an M3 can stand the high RPM's the rest onces are bull shit, I now like 3 people with BMW and they have sirious problems with their engines,

one guy downshifed on a BMW I am not sure which one is that eather 330 or 325 cuz it was a 6speed, so he fucked up his engine, he downshifted from 5 to 3rd, and that's it, and he wasn't even goin' that fast, only like 60-70,

and I drove an M3, it's a big difference, you can rev this shit up like a honda, so if you don't have enough money to buy an M3 buy an Accord-more relieble, and same power, and let's not forget it's a Honda so you can do allot of stuff to this things,

:)

hey i a about to buy a v-6 6 speed accord and i think it is better than the BMW cause the BMW is to much money
Bring
Money
Withya
:p

new accord invoce goes from 15-28K depending on what model

the new M3 is 46K-54K

c440868a.jpg

333HP at 7900RPM also I do believe they offer an AWD option

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jan 8 2004, 11:46 PM
new accord invoce goes from 15-28K depending on what model

the new M3 is 46K-54K

c440868a.jpg

333HP at 7900RPM also I do believe they offer an AWD option

Thats tight...

but 333 hp at 7900 rpm? damn, where's it redline? 8300? :blink:

To me that would feel like driving an overpowered, overpriced Honda. <_<

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Jan 8 2004, 10:00 PM
a true BMW race car is M3 or M5,
the rest once theyir engines are too weak, what I mean only an M3 can stand the high RPM's the rest onces are bull shit, I now like 3 people with BMW and they have sirious problems with their engines,

one guy downshifed on a BMW I am not sure which one is that eather 330 or 325 cuz it was a 6speed, so he fucked up his engine, he downshifted from 5 to 3rd, and that's it, and he wasn't even goin' that fast, only like 60-70,

and I drove an M3, it's a big difference, you can rev this shit up like a honda, so if you don't have enough money to buy an M3 buy an Accord-more relieble, and same power, and let's not forget it's a Honda so you can do allot of stuff to this things,

:)

BMW engines are FARRRRRRRRRRRRR from weak

but 333 hp at 7900 rpm? damn, where's it redline? 8300

The M3's race-style inline 6-cylinder engine allows a 9000-rpm tachometer to be put on the dashboard and offers seemingly endless power in any of its six forward gears. In fact, it is the only 3-Series model with a 6-speed manual, and no automatic transmission is offered.

just becuase the tach says 9000RPM does not mean it can rev to that.... right?

ok....? my Si has a 9500 rpm tach, it redlines at 8000...where's the M3 redline?

I believe the redline is at 8k for the M3. Regular 3 series engines are NOT weak. My dad's 328i feels faster than my uncles 3.2TL which is rated at 225 vs the 238i's 194hp. I've driven both enough. And IMHO, I havent driven too many BMW's, but I still like my car more, it just feels more comfortable, and I'm trying to ignore the fact that its stick while judging the cars.

Back