$2004 challenge!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well guys, Ted Wright and I have decided to enter the $2004 Challenge. We'll be rocking a '96 Geo Metro fo' do' that's going on the kinda diet you read about. There's also going to be a little help from an IHI hair dryer, and the usual suspension/ wheel/ tire bits.

Ted picked the car up yesterday and gutted the rear interior (just a start of what's to come). We took it up a mountain road tonight and it's still a shitbox, but it doesn't do too bad for 70 HP and 2200 lbs with him and I in the car. It will actually rotate reasonably well when you lift the throttle. Yes, it has a stock 13mm rear sway bar, and it also has equal length axles! Boo yah!

Now, I have no freakin' idea what's going to break first when we boost it, but the 1300cc SOHC four banger reportedly has forged rods and pistons that it shares with the Suzuki Swift GTi 1300cc DOHC motor, and with enough fuel, will handle 20 PSI (this comes from three independent sources).

At 12 PSI, we'll be putting down around 140 HP to the wheels. In a 1600 lb car. Do the math.
:ph34r: the Metro.
The Metro ownz jo0.
:worthy: the Metro.

Oh yes... we are going to piss off quite a few people with this car. [pinky to the corner of the mouth] Muahahaaaa... muahahahahhahaa... muahahahahhahahahaaaaaa... [/pinky to the corner of the mouth]

sounds pretty kick ass... when and where will this "beast" be compeating

NICE! Good luck... and let me know if it has forged pistons/rods or not. It IS the same car as the Swift, so maybe you'll get lucky. I want to know really really bad.... building a Metro sleeper has always been some kind of sick fascination to me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup: I want to see that thing is Car And Driver man. Sounds like a project.

bad ass. i've always wanted to get into that... but simply don't have the resources....

make some sway bars out of steel rods for $4 :p

sounds pretty kick ass... when and where will this "beast" be compeating

Well, the Challenge is in Gainesville, FL, but we'd be happy to come down and smack you around the autocross course from time to time. ;)

Oh yeah- I'll have some pictures of the Performance Oriented Sleeper either Sunday night or Monday night.

hopefully ill be rollin to the vermont meet in it next month.....

and ji--the brakes are totally fucked after running it up rt 17---they are grinding really bad. lol

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 4 2003, 01:39 AM
building a Metro sleeper has always been some kind of sick fascination to me.

:withstupid:

i have this odd obsession with the idea of a 13b-TT RX7 engine in one of those things

or maybe a boosted hyabusa engine

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Ji let me know when it is ... if i can get down there id love to go

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 4 2003, 01:46 AM
if i can get down there id love to go

if you go without me, im going to kick your ass.

you know how bad i want to go to Gainesville.. shit half this board probabaly knows :ph34r:

hahahahahahahaha

yuo aRe teh 1337 1nt4rw3b st41k3r y0!

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jul 4 2003, 12:46 AM-->
@Jul 4 2003, 01:39 AM
building a Metro sleeper has always been some kind of sick fascination to me.

:withstupid:

i have this odd obsession with the idea of a 13b-TT RX7 engine in one of those things

or maybe a boosted hyabusa engine

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Ji let me know when it is ... if i can get down there id love to go

Badass. Let us all know what you can come up with. :lol:

the fucker already found every girl with her name in a 50 mile radius
got the phone numbers and directions to their houses and is currently planning to find her, break in to her house steel her underwear and make stew out of them

hes a sick sick bastard

Back