2006 CART CT AutoX Schedule

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
All these are in Bristol @ the Firestone lot on Chippens Hill, unless noted.

C.A.R.T. 2006 Autocross Schedule

Schedule is subject to change. We suggest you check back before each event.

All events are Sunday unless noted below.
# April 2 Event Chair:
****Featured Marque: ****

# April 23 Event Chair: John Cianci
****Featured Marque: Corvette Vs. Women ****

# SATURDAY April 29 Event Chair: Bob Purssell
***Non-points test and tune***

# May 7 Event Chair: Todd Doiron

# May 21 Event Chair: Rick Alexander
****Featured Marque: Volkswagen ****

# June 4 Event Chair: Pete Day
****Featured Marque: Mustang ****

# SATURDAY June 10 Event Chair: Bob Purssell
***Non-points test and tune***

# June 25 Event Chair: Sandie Day

# July 9 Event Chair: Bob Doiron
****Feature Marque: Fiero ****

# July 23 Event Chair: Kevin FitzMaurice
****Featured Marque: Subaru ****

# Aug 6 Event Chair: Nick Fandacone

# SATURDAY August 19 Event Chair: Bob Purssell
****Non-points test and tune****

# Aug 27 Event Chair: Jim Armstong
****Featured Marque: BMW ****

# Sept 10 Event Chair: Bob Purssell
****Featured Marque: Miata ****

# Sept 24 Event Chair:

# Oct 1 TRISTATE
# Oct 15 Event Chair:

http://www.cartct.com/index1.php?center=auto_schedule.htm

Is that ... 1 corvette vs a bunch of women ? Will they be on foot ? Are they gonna chase the vette around ?

havent been online or racing in a while, bit i will definitely see you guys out there again this year... now with a b16 sol :)

Are you back in CT ?!

Haven't heard from you in a LONG time. Is this a new Sol, or did you not sell your other one ? Are you back near Newtown ?

yeah ive been back in ct for a while now... did sell old sol and a vtec insead... love the motor, miss my old suspension... ill get back there sooner or later though. see you guys sunday if anyone is gonna be in naugy...

-Chris

yeah, sorry, cant type on a laptop, especially not after a few beers. sold the si and bought a 94 VTEC, black like the old one, but without the wing :cry: cant wait to see what she can, even if it only has some eibach springs and shocks...

do they allow spectators?
i've never been to an auto x event and would like to check it out to learn about it.

Technically, its a non-spectator event. For insurnace purposes mostly i'm sure.

If you're coming to check it out, just get there by 8am and sign up. its 25 bucks. all you need is a car in safe working order (which you have) and an m2000 or newer helmet. Anyone with a motorcycle probably has one you can borrow.
or hit up a bike shop for an $80 HJC.

I went to the pepboys in wallingford..and they had helmets galore....I forgot what was required for yearly ratings, but they had the same helmet that Steve bought last year from BELL, and it was legal....and it was there on sale for like $79.99...and I think that is what Steve paid for his. But to be on the safe side....if you do go looking at hemets...look inside it, under the cloth flaps and look for a sticker or inked in rating number and date. Most of the motorsports events for real racing require a SA2005, but most will still accept an SA2000. The SA models are good for like 7 years after date of MFG...but I could be wrong...it's always best to see what is required by your local motorsports events and base your purchase on that. For drifting...they base the requirment on two things....one place will say to wear what you value your head at, and another place will say they require you to have a full faced SA2005....if you plan on multiple events, and you care about walking away from a crash...then buy the best you can get or afford. :wink:

CART's requirement....
Helmets are required (sorry no loaners). Every helmet must have Snell M or SA rating and proof of being manufactured within the last 10 years. Helmets must be in good condition (no cracks)

CTDrifting requirement's.

A racing helmet must be worn at all times while on track.
Track officials have the right to deny some types of helmets from being used for safety purposes.

DGTrials... Snell 1995 or better.

and check your other events for their requirements as well....then get a helmet :wink:

Back