2007 North East Street Car Challenge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no one could really stop you
these are all "public" events

steve's cosworth vega.

In a book later published by John DeLorean who was then president of Chevrolet, he indicated that the prototype car literally fell apart just eight miles into its first road test. He also criticized the engine saying that it, "looked like it had been taken off a 1920 farm tractor."
Forbes Magazine included the Vega on its list of the worst cars of all time.

The M3 is considered one of the better-handling cars of all time, and was in fact named "Best-Handling Car" by Car and Driver in 1997. At the time of the car's introduction, this engine had the highest specific output naturally aspirated engine ever made by BMW.

I'm still pullin for ya cel! Good luck man :thumbsup:

If I where in your guys neck of the woods I would love to run. There better be a few people that sign up for this. Also someone needs to get some quality video of it. I would pony up some cash for blank DVD's so you guys can make some videos.

ehh, that proves nothing.

plus, my car is unable to be dyno'ed. the computer won't let it free-spin without the front wheels moving too. basically, traction control takes over.

and i don't have the 5 grand to dump on the dealer program/chip to bypass it

ehh, that proves nothing.

plus, my car is unable to be dyno'ed. the computer won't let it free-spin without the front wheels moving too. basically, traction control takes over.

and i don't have the 5 grand to dump on the dealer program/chip to bypass it

No DSC switch?

...the Minis got one :)

weird...I've read that if its on and you try to dyno a Mini, the fronts brakes will grab, but with it off theres no problems (other than no airflow over the IC)

alle46 m3's made after may 02 require the GT1 interface (Group Testing 1) plugged in to disable the traction control features, as it will redline at 6k. my car stock redlines at 8200 and with my chip, i can bring it to 8500.

steve's cosworth vega.

you want an adreline rush, it will be 2 g's large :p

When you said You Vs Steve... I was like wtf.... What the hell is Bob Vila driving these days...

Then I read that quote... And proceeded to spit my Boddington beer all over the table.

Does he really think a fuckin Vega is going to beat an E46 M?

apparently...dont ask me why though.

the question is...will that M be able to keep up with a Z?

from what I know, he's got already half bald new tires that are 255/35/19 in the back 225/40/19 in front....a chip, an exhaust, and some driving skill. His car stock should pull a low 13 sec in the drags..but thats a new car, with a pro driver doing the testing for a company. IF he dips into the 12's...then I'm a little scared...nah...not really.

The Z will have according to the rules...DOT tires, so I'll get the best DOT tires available...the same tires that comes on lambos...230 mph rated ZR's... with 245/35/15's on the front, 345/35/15s on the back, the contact patch and grip is already double.. His treadwear is rated at 220, mine are rated at 140...so I'll have more grip...even if he buys new tires....they still have to be DOT...and all he has are 19" rims. Then add a t3/t4 turbo to the 3.0L Z engine, use the Haltec I already have on the car, tune from 4-500hp with the help of bigger injectors, and the car was already raced for 7 years at Walkins Glen, so it's already setup decently for stiffness, brakes, and LSD. The only thing I don't have is experiance on a road course, or at the drag strip...and since the events will be spaced out over various week-ends...I'll be able to swap out the 3.59 diff from the roadrace event, and swap in the 4.11 diff for the autocross and drags. The T3/t4 turbo can be swapped with a t3 to spool faster for the autocross. And since the Z is 30 years old, it doesn't need emmisions to get registered and plated. So it can drive up to the event, as is, compete, and prolly get towed away by AAA after each event. All thats needed is just one good run to make the fastest time. And I'll get some seat time at my buddies track if he can sneak me in.:D

Collecting Steve's and B's money will be fun....along with all the other participants money....I'm stoked. :ph34r: :cool:

Last edited:
noah has no say.

he doesnt have a car that he can run.
he couldnt even beat a stock civic with a coupe Si.

B and I are the only ones that are going to be able to win this :)

Chris, your mirage will be nimble on the autocross course, you might have a chance on the drag strip...but your not going to have any fun on the road race, and thats where the Z and the M will walk over everything. Unless you get lower profile wheels, a wider stance, and a little more HP than just 160 ponies..... Just ask E, his sol on lime rock at any speeds over 120mph is just hairy....one slip, one corner too tight and your going into the fields or barriers...it's not a track that likes normal car going faster than what they were designed for. The M was made for the Autobahn, and the Z was made for Walkins Glen.. I'll give B a run for his money on the road race, and the autoscross I'll have more contact patch, stickier rubber, and a lower/wider stance.... drags I could give a shit about, because I already know that my setup would pop me into the 11's if tuned right, and I learned the art of driving straight.

This event should never happen...everyone will hate me when I take all their money.. :p

Back