3 stage VTEC D15B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah ok i could care less about a single cam motor every car i have has been replaced with dohc vtec motors so yeah sorry i dont know much about a d15b from japan if they were so badass why didnt they just put that in the 96 and up civic hx's or the 92-95 civic vx's the must of been the toned down version of vtec-e piss small throttle body and all only good thing to come from that motor was the 5 wire o2
Thats untill you get your ass whooped by a D.
Because its too bad ass to be put in off the production line USDM vehicles.

What an idiot!!!;)

Sounds awesome...and dohc's aren't the only way to go. I've seen plenty of dohc's smoked by single cammers. I just prefer dohc. Seems like there is more stuff and at a cheaper price.

The 3-stage engine is probably too complicated or expensive to keep manufacturing, and that generation was just experimental; Honda went to iVTEC-E and iVTEC engines(the 3-stage engine was 96-00). After that, the "performance" engines just got bigger(IIRC, the predecessor to that engine is the R18, which boasts more torque), and economy engines output even less but get better mileage(the Fit engine outputs less horsepower than the previous 1.5l VTEC engines).

You can't really make a "dual P28" ECU, you'd have to use the correct ECU, use some sort of external source like VAFC to activate the other VTEC solenoid, or a standalone ECU like Motec or AEM EMS. The 3-stage engine is good for a little more umph and good economy, but if you're looking to go fast, the regular VTEC and even the non-VTEC D-series will be easier to mod and make power.

Last edited:
Wow dude, you're really late. Bisi is one of the fastest All-motor guys and he's running mid-high 9s in a SOHC F22A Insight. It's not VTEC but it's still a SOHC ;) When he had the D15 or D16 in the CRX he was hitting low 10s.

Wow dude, you're really late. Bisi is one of the fastest All-motor guys and he's running mid-high 9s in a SOHC F22A Insight. It's not VTEC but it's still a SOHC ;) When he had the D15 or D16 in the CRX he was hitting low 10s.
yea that ^^^^^^^^

well if a single cam motor or your "3 stage vtec" ever runs a single digit e.t. then ill worry so i still dont see that happening any time soon
Well by the looks of your name it doesnt look like your in the single digits either......you fucki'n retard.

OWNED!!!!:ph34r:

duh i know he's running in the 9's the comment was made getting whooped by a d series or a three stage vtec motor he runs neither :eek:

ahh yeah ^^ what he said

iirc bisi used to run all d driveline (he might still in certain classes?) but switched to F's because they had certain inherent design advantages. And last i checked I'm pretty sure he is running an F motor bolted up to a d trans so can't say d trans won't hold up either

dude, don't hate on D's and be all acting like B's are the only way to go and you = god because you just happen to be rockin a B. I just happen to be running a B series currently in my one car, but I'm 100% positive I could build a D that would run in the single digits. End of argument.

well if a single cam motor or your "3 stage vtec" ever runs a single digit e.t. then ill worry so i still dont see that happening any time soon
Just thought id let you know that when completely stock D's typically lay down better torque #'s than a stock B!!!:D

Back