3 stage VTEC D15B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

568 WHP D-series

Attachments

• DynoApril14020-1.jpg
    DynoApril14020-1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 2,995
Alright guys lets just drop this; his car runs 9s and he doesn't need to prove otherwise. He may be wrong about a D-series not beating him but chance he encounters(or any of us for that matter) a 9-second D-series is slim. This doesn't mean they don't exist.

Also, "street-legal" is loosely defined(maybe daily driven is a better term to use)...I can get away with a mid-engine V8 CRX in the state of NC(perfectly legal as long as all of the lights work)....But in Cali I doubt that's going to happen.

i didnt doubt his car running 9s im just saying its easier than he thinks to get rapped by a d series.

Truth be told i hate the d series, i got no love for them. But i do like their economy and the effort honda made to make them very fuel efficient. 3 stage vtec was designed to get the most power with the best fuel economy. It is very cool but for all you D lovers i would still rather have a b16 than a d16. B built for performance, d built for economy. Any motor, Even a Yugo, can be made to run a 10 or less quarter mile. But a B series can do it and still go get milk for ya momma.

Truth be told i hate the d series, i got no love for them. But i do like their economy and the effort honda made to make them very fuel efficient. 3 stage vtec was designed to get the most power with the best fuel economy. It is very cool but for all you D lovers i would still rather have a b16 than a d16. B built for performance, d built for economy. Any motor, Even a Yugo, can be made to run a 10 or less quarter mile. But a B series can do it and still go get milk for ya momma.
:rolleyes:

Not my b motor when it was stock, Oh by the way love your new display name, :lol:
Yo my brotha long time no see........Thats why I said typically cause there are many factors and variables that play in to it.

Yeah its great isnt it......I just had to change it cause we had a assload of nOOb questions up on here.:D

Oh yeah bro and hows the baby......hope all is well!!!:p

Have a JDM 3 Stage VTEC D15B in my 91 CRX SI.

Have the correct manual ECU.......P2J-003 installed

Have custom conversion harness but engine is throwing error codes.....code 14.

Any good Honda shops or techs in SoCal that can handle the wiring connections
for a 3 Stage VTEC motor?

Hey if you ar still looking for a shop call Bubba at Do It Dyno he is in Signal Hill near Long Beach
he is the bomb (562)424-6162.

Wow dude, you're really late. Bisi is one of the fastest All-motor guys and he's running mid-high 9s in a SOHC F22A Insight. It's not VTEC but it's still a SOHC ;) When he had the D15 or D16 in the CRX he was hitting low 10s.

Don't mean to threadjack but I will be going to Bisi's dyno day at his new shop in 2 weeks :)
I love Cali we have alot of great tuners out here

Yo my brotha long time no see........Thats why I said typically cause there are many factors and variables that play in to it.

Yeah its great isnt it......I just had to change it cause we had a assload of nOOb questions up on here.:D

Oh yeah bro and hows the baby......hope all is well!!!:p
She's doing good, but I'm starting to wish my genes weren't that strong, not only did she look like me but she got everything from me, down to the amount of food I eat. She only cries when she's hungry and she's hungry just about all the time. How's yours

i've torn down my 3.stage motor...and i know pretty well how it works...wong kn's description says the 3rd stage is activated from the top...which is bull...it has lost motion on top...the wild lobe is taller than a y8 or y5 cam...which is how it makes the same power as a y8 with 100cc less...if you want pics...i have plenty...

valvetrain07.jpg

valvetrain08.jpg

valvetrain17.jpg

Last edited:
i have the jdm d15b from a 96 ferio.... it was a swap because i blew a bearing in my d15b7...
my old intake manifold was reused, tranny and computer....it wasnt until afterwards i got curious and googled the engine and realized i have a vtec capable motor.... the vtec solenoids are missing.... wud they be located on the original intake manifold??? if not wat wud i need for the motor to be capable of the 3 stage vtec it once had??

10sechatch your a fucking faggot ok buddy?
first of all you have a whole extra cam.
so for you to talk shit about a high 9 low 10 sec sohc is bullshit

Back