400 hp on a stock block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yes m62's and m40's are sc's.

If the ECU was tuneable on myu A4 I would DEFENITLY SC it. The ones with tuneable ECU's make 300 hp without question.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Jul 2 2005, 10:27 AM
Um, you guys... I never venture into the forced induction forum because I don't know shit really about fi. I'm assuming M62 and twin M40s are superchargers?

I am toying with the idea of supercharging my motor down the road someday. I am running really high compression for boost, but I figure with a thicker headgasket, some light boost and a really good tune, I could see 300 wheel. I know they boost s2000s and ITRs all the time, so I don't see why dropping my cr from 11.6:1 to around 11.2:1 wouldn't alow me to run a small supercharger, right?
[post=519642]Quoted post[/post]​

yes the M62 and M40 are roots-style superchargers from Eaton. Twin-charging is when you have a turbo blow into the supercharger(aka compound supercharging).

yes you can still run a supercharger; but I dont know if you will reach 300whp. some of the supercharged s2000s are barely getting to ~290whp with bolt-on kits(centrifugal sc with aftercooler)...and theyre 2 liter engines.

Originally posted by civicious@Jul 2 2005, 01:56 PM
Gotta love Larry's 'quick-seal' piston rings....

That is all.
[post=519779]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm glad I went with custom CP's from Rocket :p

Screw all that BS between IB and Endyn, I don't trust businessmen like that.

Shameless plug for Rocket Motorsports!

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Jul 2 2005, 04:26 PM-->
civicious
@Jul 2 2005, 01:56 PM
Gotta love Larry's 'quick-seal' piston rings....

That is all.
[post=519779]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm glad I went with custom CP's from Rocket :p

Screw all that BS between IB and Endyn, I don't trust businessmen like that.

Shameless plug for Rocket Motorsports!
[post=519798]Quoted post[/post]​

apparently, j00 don't know about Larry's 'quick-seal' piston rings.

Back