78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Why are you re-wiring things? Take the harness out as a whole, and put it in the civic. No need to cut or re-wire anything imho. Keep it simple!

I didn't mean to offend you with donations. I meant for the $ to go to the car. It did not sound like you were a welfare case.

I have a 91 integra that I am parting out. If you need any small stuff, I can send it your way.:)

I don't know if you've seen the chassis harness, but 70% of it is for lights, clock, radio, door chimes, dome lamp...
I'm keeping the stock CVCC harness for all that stuff, I went through the Integra harness and stripped out anything not related to the engine. I also had to relocate the bulkead plugs on the engine harness to the drivers side, so the harness would be bass-ackwards anyway. I have all the wires going from the ECU to the Main Relay/Engine Harness already in and soldered up. I have the ECU under the driver's seat, and the Main Relay mounted under the dash. I also mounted the Main Fuse box that was under the hood, under the dash, and am mounting the battery in the spare tire area with the inline fuel pump.
Honestly, there was no way I could just swap the harness, the cars arent even close to the same dimensions, and the layout in the CVCC is wacky. The Integra harness was almost 2 feet too long and had 324553234321 wires in it that I wouldn't be using. I want this install to be clean and have only the wires necessary.
This is anything but simple, and I've already put too much in to quit now.
I guess I'm screwed:huh: I've got a LOT of wiring work to do, it just sucks that I gotta learn it as I go.

I've got a LOT of wiring work to do, it just sucks that I gotta learn it as I go.

Sad but true. Sometimes thats the only good way TO learn something new.
You'll make mistakes, but hey, thats part of it.
I've got a big cabin plug off of a teggie if you want it. It's a big one like 10-15 wires, about 1.5" dia. Thats about all I have wiring wise. If you want it it's yours.

Na that's cool, I got everything I need as far as wires. All I need now is a space to work and 4254352 hours of free time.

Na that's cool, I got everything I need as far as wires. All I need now is a space to work and 4254352 hours of free time.
hurry up and finish, i'm sick of reading this thread and not having a finished product. ^_^

your doing the wiring the way you should great job doing it that way you dont mess with wires you dont need in the swap
if you need to start over any time with the wire harness
just know 88-89 teg and the 88-91 civic use the same wires and ECU plugs are the same all the wires.
the DX civic hatch works great
only if you need to start over my frist time doing the harness like that i had to get another harness its a job doing wiring
and your doing great
Oh ya like some people say use put all the wiring harness in!! SSSShhhit that would take longer to do
swaping all the plugs over to fit the cvcc crap lol ya
some people huh!

man i almost forgot about this thread thought i better check back and see where ya are. sucks your not getting far. my offer on the garage is still open if u want to move to oregon lmao. gotta hurry and get that thing done though, i might finish mine before ya! ive been kinda holding off and doing bodywork/custom work rather than getting my motor going, i guess i need to switch gears. keep us updated! wish there was more i could do to help one 1st gen'er to a next!

oh not sure what your doing about paint, but im going to be painting my car here soon and trying this trick i learned, if it turns out well ill pass it along to you... its cheaper than a macco paint job, and it looks nicer! ill leave it at that for now.

4v4eumf.jpg

Good luck!

Last edited:
lol yup. the "98 dollar paint job"

saw it in hot rod magazine, 10 days and 98 dollars later they had a very nice paint job. i researched it online and found quite a few people doing it and the results were quite nice. its very time consuming and a pain in the ass, but i think its well worth it for the money you save. cant beat 100-200 bucks for a nice paint job.

you could buy paint and a gun for 300 bucks and have an even better paint job. :p

you could buy paint and a gun for 300 bucks and have an even better paint job. :p

where in the world can you buy a gun and paint and the supplies to have a better paint job for 300 bucks, please enlighten me. last time i checked the paint i wanted for my car costed nearly 300 bucks. just the paint. that doesnt include any of the other supplies you need to paint a car.

do a google search on "$98 paint job" tons of stuff pops up.

Here's the original thread that started the whole movement:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...fpart=1&v c=1

The thread got so big they had to divide it up. Here's part 2:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...fpart=1&v c=1

Here's part 3 with the most recent posts:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...fpart=3&v c=1

Here's a couple of links by people on these threads that copies all the good info out and put it in their own sites:
Home
Car Painting

getting mine painted for $175 including paint.. i have a friend who paints and he finally got a paint tent.. woot!

saw it in hot rod magazine.

Glad to know I'm not the only one here who reads that knuckle-dragger rag.
Just wish their concept of classics wasn't limited to american iron. I only have 9 years to go and I will technically own a "classic" car. :cool:

That paint job sounds like a huge hassle. I think I'll just keep saving up my money...

it kinda is, but then again not really. it just takes time because you have to let stuff dry. but wet sanding isnt that hard, niether is buffing or polishing.

oh and its limited to america because HOT RODs are known as american lol.

thats why we have honda and tuner mags.

speaking of which... whats the news on a new place to work?! anything?

I got a realtor, I'm filling out all the paperwork to get approved for a mortgage.:ph34r:

Back