78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

$98 paint job? Screw that go with the $50 job, rustoleum paint and it looks almost show-quality. Check the body/cosmetics section here for the link to the post on that moparts forum :). 3 days is all it takes and it doesn't seem like much of a hassle. I'll probably do my 93 sedan like that...after I take it in to get the fenders/headlights mounted right. I hate that look that a lot of 5th gens have with the headlights sunk in a little. But I also bought my car with a rice-ass hood that has a little red "type R" emblem and my car's DEFINATELY no type R..lmao maybe that's got somethin to do with it?

Last edited:
Here are the pics that I was telling you about my buddy Dusty's 78 cvcc with the HIDs haha

jamiespics018.jpg

jamiespics016.jpg

jamiespics017.jpg

$98 paint job? Screw that go with the $50 job, rustoleum paint and it looks almost show-quality. Check the body/cosmetics section here for the link to the post on that moparts forum :). 3 days is all it takes and it doesn't seem like much of a hassle. I'll probably do my 93 sedan like that...after I take it in to get the fenders/headlights mounted right. I hate that look that a lot of 5th gens have with the headlights sunk in a little. But I also bought my car with a rice-ass hood that has a little red "type R" emblem and my car's DEFINATELY no type R..lmao maybe that's got somethin to do with it?

were talking about the same paint job.... but you need to read up on it a little more...

first off getting it done for 50 bucks is going to be a tight squeeze. 100 is more reasonable. althought ive seen it cost up to 200. 2nd, its not amost show quality. its about a macco $600 job. a decent paint job for a great price. not show quality. in pictures online sure it probly looks that way. but pictures are very forgiving when it comes to flaws. and 3rd. no way in hell it takes 3 days. you need to wait 24 hours between each coat of paint and it takes more than 3 coats of paint to get good coverage. takes 5-10. and your looking at a couple days worth of sanding and buffing and polishing. your looking more around 10 days to do this paint job. and its more of a hassel than you think unless constant sanding and fighting runs and drips and paint bubbles are a walk in the park to you.

were talking about the same paint job.... but you need to read up on it a little more...

first off getting it done for 50 bucks is going to be a tight squeeze. 100 is more reasonable. althought ive seen it cost up to 200. 2nd, its not amost show quality. its about a macco $600 job. a decent paint job for a great price. not show quality. in pictures online sure it probly looks that way. but pictures are very forgiving when it comes to flaws. and 3rd. no way in hell it takes 3 days. you need to wait 24 hours between each coat of paint and it takes more than 3 coats of paint to get good coverage. takes 5-10. and your looking at a couple days worth of sanding and buffing and polishing. your looking more around 10 days to do this paint job. and its more of a hassel than you think unless constant sanding and fighting runs and drips and paint bubbles are a walk in the park to you.

I thought he said he painted one of his cars in 3 days and it looked great (in the pic at least). And I thought he said if you prep the roller with the right amount of paint at the perfect thickness it shouldn't run. I dunno but if I'm wrong thanks for correcting me :). And yes that stuff is a walk in the park compared to spending over a G for a damn paint job that's ridiculous to me. I'd spend a month on it before spending a G on it :). Just have to get my front end un-fucked.

Hi! you create possible to put h22 in a civic 78? somebody with some information of that swap!!! ok.

no you cant NOT put a h22 in a 78 civic. its to wide and will not fit. i was thinking about doing that on my 1st gen civic, it wont fit.

I thought he said he painted one of his cars in 3 days and it looked great (in the pic at least). And I thought he said if you prep the roller with the right amount of paint at the perfect thickness it shouldn't run. I dunno but if I'm wrong thanks for correcting me :). And yes that stuff is a walk in the park compared to spending over a G for a damn paint job that's ridiculous to me. I'd spend a month on it before spending a G on it :). Just have to get my front end un-fucked.

he must be the master at that paint job. dont exspect to be anywhere near him on your first try. exspect more what i told you.

I have just read the entire 16 pages of this epic build. It about 45mins-Hour. I am sorry to hear about your dad being a duche' However Its awesome that you are getting yourself a house. Even awesomer that your project will resume soon as well.

I finished the new rear mount so that the car can be towed (hopefully to the new house)
Sorry about the shitty cell phone pics, but it was all I had.
07-07-07_2109.jpg

07-07-07_2110.jpg

07-07-07_2125.jpg

07-07-07_2126.jpg

07-07-07_2231.jpg

07-07-07_2232.jpg

07-07-07_2233.jpg

07-07-07_2234.jpg

The Poly-Caulk has to cure overnight, then I'll reassemble and pray to God it fits, I kinda rushed this mount and banged it out in a few hours.

Got it painted and installed!!!

07-08-07_1734.jpg

07-08-07_1829.jpg

07-08-07_1830.jpg

07-08-07_1831.jpg

07-08-07_1839.jpg

07-08-07_1840.jpg

07-08-07_1915.jpg

Now this shit is a HELL of a lot beefier than the last one. The suspension flexes before the mount does, which is what everybody wants right?

Back