1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

88 HF Wont Start

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by 1sikef, Feb 28, 2010.

1. 1sikef

1sikef New Member

I:m Fed Up With My Rex Idk Wat Else To Do. Im Getting Fuel, Spark But It Wont Fire, Just Cranks And Cranks, The Main Relay Is Good, Distributor Is Good, ECU Is Good, All Grounds Are Good And I Added Grounds, Fuel Resistor Is Good I Have Plenty Of Gas In The Tank, Spark Plugs/Wires Are Good. Its A B16 Converted To OBD1 Using Rywire Stuff. IDK Wat Else To Check

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

timing

3. 1sikef

1sikef New Member

Nope, the motor came out of my other rex runnin

4. AHHVTEC

compression is my next guess but you say it was running all you did was swap form one car to another, if everything you listed is correct it should run so im clueless, any check codes ?

5. 1sikef

1sikef New Member

ha yeah thats why im stumped, compression is good, its throwing a code 4 and it was running the last 2 days and i went to start it this morning and nothing, but it ran before with a code 4, and i put the dizzy in a friends car and it runs no codes

6. AHHVTEC

well if i remember correct a car will not run with that code/ crank shaft position sensor. and if you saying that sensor is ok then it almost has to be in the wiring somewhere

7. 1sikef

1sikef New Member

yeah i bought the car with a wire tuck and it was a mess, i rewire all the dizzy wiring directly to the ecu, i know its all right the only one im iffy about would be the crank position sensor which on obd0 is crank angle sensor, pins b10 and b12 i wasnt sure which one was positive/signal and which one was ground because there both on the bottom of the b clip, would u havppen to know which one is pos/signal so i can double check it

8. AHHVTEC

i sure dont, just switch them around and try it lol,. but im sure in the depths of this site the answer your looking for is there.

9. 1sikef

1sikef New Member

i hope so lol, i mean it ran the last 2 days. all i did is finish the swap by putting axles and shift linkage in then bumper on, then i put it in reverse and back into the side yard this morning it wont fire its so weird lol

10. josh_crewdson@y

josh_crewdson@y New Member

Is the timing belt still in one piece?

11. 1stcar86z

1stcar86z New Member

is it turning over faster than normal?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted