89' CRX Si w/ B18B1 [GROUNDS]?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

office888

SUCCESS!!! The B18B1 is in.

(FYI, I swapped out the Alternator and Distributor so the B18B1 is OBD-0 now. I'm running a PR4 ECU)

Now, I have a question.

Where should my grounding points hook to? To what, from what? I'm think about crimping some new ground wires, should I use 4GA or 8GA or some other wiring for that?

Thanks a bunch!

---Richard

EDIT: Oh yes, most importantly, where should I ground the negative terminal to? Chassis I assume?

-The Negative Battery ground goes to 1, the chassis, and 2, the clutch cable bracket on the tranny(otherwise known as the tranny ground)
-The Valve cover gets a ground from the drivers side headlight bracket.
-The Engine Harness gets a ground right around the Thermostat area(any 10mm bolt on the IM or Thermostat will be a suffecient ground)

I'd use 0 gauge wire, or as thick as you can. If your wanting to DIY, go to a stereo store, and ask for some thick wires, or ask for Amplifier ground wires. They might just give you some extra stuff laying around.
Crimp some 'circle' ends to the wires and go to town grounding everything you can/want. OR just buy a ground kit in Ebay
There cheap and do the trick

-Andrew

4g. should be more than enough. I have used 0/1g and man its a pain. its not cheap either. even the o rings are expensive. If honda used the 8g i think you should be good with 4g.

Taco15 said:
4g. should be more than enough. I have used 0/1g and man its a pain. its not cheap either. even the o rings are expensive. If honda used the 8g i think you should be good with 4g.

QFT.

I guess I'm an overachiever....

:p

Back