'91 sedan 13" rims with lip??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shuuuuuuttt uuuuuuppp.... we all know what camber is ... and incorrect toe is what wears a tire out faster than camber.. when you get an alignment on a Honda, all the do is correct the toe..

You are pitiful. i feel sorry for you.

all three can wear tires, but mostly camber and toe. It can be all three if you have a bent control arm.

The pic shows camber wear not toe wear.

You will never understand it i guess unless i get the president of the USA. funny funny

Last edited:
camber wear
3636300657_7ba8c7d50a.jpg

yes camber will wear a tire down, but your not answering my question, would a wider wheel than normal on a civic if you run camber it will allow you to tuck the rim and still run the rim combo correct ?

A wider wheel than normal, on a civic, can be tucked with camber so they dont hit the fenders.

And it will wear like I showed in the caber wear picture above. And it will affect handling negatively if its done at to much of an angle.

Does that explain it all AHHVTEC?

thanks for talking with wisdom. You seem to be only of a few on hondaswap that make sense with stuff :)

Last edited:
A wider wheel than normal, on a civic, can be tucked with camber so they dont hit the fenders.

And it will wear like I showed in the caber wear picture above. And it will affect handling negatively if its done at to much of an angle.

Does that explain it all AHHVTEC?
yes it does, so back to square 1 thread starter you can run those rims with more camber but the tires will wear faster

Yes the +12 mm offset will only stick out 1 inch more or so

My preference would be to roll the fenders before changing camber so the tires last longer.

You have earned more rep points

Last edited:
no he hasnt. Your rep power is non existant. now if i were to give him + rep that would do something. see? went from 248 to 250! now try and do the math and figure out just how much all your neg rep really doesnt do at all....

Its the thought what counts. That guy knows his stuff. The only reason i have such neg. rep. is because a couple of guys on here got pissed off because i was right with most of my stuff . it was preatty funny. He wrote a whole page b/c he was so pissed b/c he didn't think i was right. lol as you can see on this thread I backed up my knoledge with pics but still couldn't explain it to him.

uuhhhh.....thanks guys for the pissing match?? seriously i thank ALL of you for your input;) this is the look i'm after minus the rust hood

Attachments

• DSC01633.jpg
    DSC01633.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,954
0 offset does not seem right b/c if they have a big lip they should have positive offset.

please explain why civic wheels have around +40mm offset? He is getting +12mm offset which means the mounting surface is 12mm to the outside of the centerline which means they will stick out more. What part does not make sense?
Bigger lip wheels have low positive off-sets/negative off-sets. What you don't understand is that off-set doesn't move the rim itself. Think about it, let's say you have a 200mm rim (measured from back of wheel to front of wheel), that means centerline is 100mm. So if this rim had an off-set of +50mm, that means the mounting point is now at 150mm and the lip is 50mm wide. Let's take this same rim and give it a +25mm off-set, so the mounting point is now at 125mm and the lip is now 75mm. Do you now see how the smaller/lower off-set gives a bigger lip?

Everyone here is trying to help you, so as much as you would like people to have an open mind about what you're trying to explain to them, you need to do the same.

Honda wheels have around +40mm offset so you may or may not have a problem with +12mm offset which is around an inch difference. The 175mm tires actually may help.

please explain why civic wheels have around +40mm offset? He is getting +12mm offset which means the mounting surface is 12mm to the outside of the centerline which means they will stick out more. What part does not make sense?

And you don't change camber to fix offset eg6sir. If you do your gunna have change your front tires at least twice as much.

This is the stuff that made I said B16RacerN2NR that made sense, but the other stuff i guess i could have taken more time to explain.

I put the second quote up because EG6sir said hondas dont have positive offset. I think he eraced his quote saying hondas dont have positive offset. HAHA lol

I started to fall apart on my quotes after that. It was a good fight though!

before all this i never heard of tucking wheels with camber.( learn something new everyday) I guess thats the lazy mans way without rolling your fenders. lol

Bigger lip wheels have low positive off-sets/negative off-sets. What you don't understand is that off-set doesn't move the rim itself. Think about it, let's say you have a 200mm rim (measured from back of wheel to front of wheel), that means centerline is 100mm. So if this rim had an off-set of +50mm, that means the mounting point is now at 150mm and the lip is 50mm wide. Let's take this same rim and give it a +25mm off-set, so the mounting point is now at 125mm and the lip is now 75mm. Do you now see how the smaller/lower off-set gives a bigger lip?

Everyone here is trying to help you, so as much as you would like people to have an open mind about what you're trying to explain to them, you need to do the same.

Exactly what i was saying except you say it better and your second sentence. The offset does move the rim itself because the mounting point moves with it. The OP would never have put this thread up an I would have never fought EG6sir if offset didn't move wheels. Offset does move wheels because the mounting surface changes with it. That why we had this big fight about camber, tucking, and fender rolling.

I hope you dont go all crazy on me like some people but i do agree with you on everything except your second sentence.

I put the second quote up because EG6sir said hondas dont have positive offset. I think he eraced his quote saying hondas dont have positive offset. HAHA lol

first off, not once did i say Hondas dont have a positive offset.. you need to work on your reading skills dillhole..

i simply said, the bigger the lip.. the more chance it'd be a low positive or negative offset... then your stupid ass decided to argue

YOUR OWN WORDS eg6sir

Honda wheels have around +40mm offset so you may or may not have a problem with +12mm offset which is around an inch difference. The 175mm tires actually may help.

first off, not once did i say Hondas dont have a positive offset.. you need to work on your reading skills dillhole..

i simply said, the bigger the lip.. the more chance it'd be a low positive or negative offset... then your stupid ass decided to argue

Exactly what im try to say.
- i said stock and aftermarket wheels have around 40+mm
- You say hondas dont have positive offset( no big lips)
- But then you say the bigger the lip it will be low or negative offset.( So your saying hondas dont have big lips and have negative offset)
( And you say big lips mean low or negative offset)

Your contradicting yourself. HAHA LOL
thats what started all this pitiful fight
Ill admit i wasnt clear on some of my stuff to. LOL
Good fight though. :)

Last edited:
Back