91 si hatch with 98 spec type R...transmission???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

is it really that easy to replace???what exactly do i gotta do???

Hit google or get a service manual. Even better yet, just go take a look, and see what all is involved. Its a pretty simple task so you shouldnt have any trouble teachin yourself.

You don't even need google. Loosen plastic lock-nut on the cable on the transmission side, pull out slide out rubber sleeve out of the "mount". This will allow enough slack to simply slide the cable out of the small notch on the lever arm. Pop cable out of the mounts around engine/engine bay. Then, reaching under the dash, slide out cable out of the notch on the gas pedal and press on the two tabs to release cable from firewall(may need needle nose pliers but you may just be able to rotate it like the throttle cable).

well if you have a good cable trans i would just stay with that, its really not worth the money just for a little bit smother shift
well my tranny shifts really good...just had my 3rd and 5th gear synchros replaced and had hot flanked and the guy i took it to (he owns the shop i take it to) told me you now have a brand new transmission...but if its just for a smoother shift i think im kewl than...

Back