94 B18c1 Into A 89 Crx Si!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tweekgst

ok, i ordered the avid racing motor mounts for the 88-91 crx with a b-series motor swap. The mounts came in and didnt line up with the bolts on the motor. none of the mounts did, all three wouldnt work! Which motor mounts would i use. Also i have the hydro tranny what is the best thing to do about that? and i was told that the harness off the crx si would hook right up with the harness on the b18c, well it doesnt, i was wondering if i need a subharness to connect them. anyother advice would be nice if anyone could help thanks!
Brandon

first of all.................order the Hasport mount kit..........second you need a Cable tranny being your car is a cable car. Im sure you can sell that tranny to help pay for the cable one. of course the wiring harness will not fit......you are non OBD and the plugs on the motor are OBD1 i believe.

:werd: you need motor mounts for the B18C, along with a GSR ECU (OBD1) GSR wiring harness, cable tranny, etc. I will buy your GSR hydro tranny if it is a good price.

what kind of cable tranny would i use for that engine?? Do you know anywhere i can get one and how much?? Then i will let you know how much i will sell mine for. But i have the integra ecu, i thought i could get a subharness to connect them and just run the vtec wires, and knock sensor.

My buddy just bought a hasport hydro converter kit for his cable Y1 w/lsd in a 92 hatch(hydraulic). It is very easy to install and works like a charm. Might be cheaper and less of a hassle in the long run(specially if the motor is already in) Just thought I would add my 2 cents about that. Now I will go crawl back in my hole.

The converter form HaSport doesn't work both ways people. He's got a CABLE chassis with a Hydro tranny. The HaSport kit is to allow a HYDRO chassis to use a CABLE tranny. This is simply made because the cable trannies are/were so much cheaper to buy than a hydraulic transmission at the time. Both hybrid styles require a custom upper transmission motor mount, as well.

There is a kit made by just some guy on Honda-Tech. It comes with a mount and everything to use a cable to actuate the hydraulic lever on the clutch on the tranny you have. Look in the EF forum there. In all seriousness, I'd find an engine importer, and get a cable tranny with LSD and SWAP them even for the tranny you have. If they do not have any trannies with LSD, ask $200 plus an 89-91 SiR trans for your GSR. That's the easiest proposition.

get ur fact straight first.

Do not jump into the swap without doing all ur research ur car will be stuck trust me!!!

Take some thing like a few months 4-6 month research its not easy but u will get their.

I was like you about 6 months I didn't know shit about swaps now I know more then I ever did..

Now I have a swapped OBD1 motor running fully in a OBD0 car u don’t see that often.
If you convert to OBD1 that would be kool but do whatever is easy for you.. Maybe change the dizzy, throttle body wiring to OBD0…whatever it should be no Problem in a Si OBD0!!!

So take ur time get everything ready..

P.S get a GSR OR JDM YS1 tranny you will love it going 40+ in second gear hehe :D

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 19 2003, 10:48 PM
The converter form HaSport doesn't work both ways people.  He's got a CABLE chassis with a Hydro tranny.  The HaSport kit is to allow a HYDRO chassis to use a CABLE tranny. This is simply made because the cable trannies are/were so much cheaper to buy than a hydraulic transmission at the time.  Both hybrid styles require a custom upper transmission motor mount, as well.

There is a kit made by just some guy on Honda-Tech. It comes with a mount and everything to use a cable to actuate the hydraulic lever on the clutch on the tranny you have. Look in the EF forum there.  In all seriousness, I'd find an engine importer, and get a cable tranny with LSD and SWAP them even for the tranny you have. If they do not have any trannies with LSD, ask $200 plus an 89-91 SiR trans for your GSR. That's the easiest proposition.

actually hasport has a new kit for just that thing, cable chassis to hydro. efbhy ($275)

Back