94 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, yeah if i swap, im definately upgrading braking and suspension, but i wouldnt do those before swapping.

I'm kinda suprised nobody said this yet, but why dont you just do a D16Z6 swap first, then save your leftover $$$ for a turbo set up that will walk all over
most b series swaps.

if you get the full Z6 swap you get a much better tranny/engine and ecu it's a basic plug and play swap to get you used to your car and knowing more of what's involved in engine swapping.

Last edited:
I'm kinda suprised nobody said this yet, but why dont you just do a D16Z6 swap first, then save your leftover $$$ for a turbo set up that will walk all over
most b series swaps.

if you get the full Z6 swap you get a much better tranny/engine and ecu it's a basic plug and play swap to get you used to your car and knowing more of what's involved in engine swapping.
hes right

most b series swaps.

lol good idea, but what does the z6 pull out of?
and how much am i looking at $$ for the complete swap w/o turbo for now.

lol good idea, biw what does the z6 pull out of?
and how much am i looking at $$ for tha complete swap w/o turbo for now.
500 bucks they come from a 92-95 ex or si

92-95 civic ex or Si and del-sol Si, as for price I dont really know what a fair price for a full swap would be, but less than 1G for sure.

you can get a turbo kit for about 1500, and i wouldnt go over 200whp on a stock motor d series that is. but you will get those numbers easy

if i get the z6 and turbo is but want more than 200HP what do i need to do?
change the internals?
im actually considering the d16z6 now, hhaa

ok ill tty omorrow bro, thx alot for everything today, 1st day on honda swap and i love it! =]
pe@ce

I agree with the other posters here when they say stick with the D-series. It's the easiest swap for a beginner. If you go with a swap from any of the other engine series (B, H, K, etc.), then you have to get a new transmission as well...

92-95 civic ex or Si and del-sol Si, as for price I dont really know what a fair price for a full swap would be, but less than 1G for sure.

incorrect. in the del sol si the b16 is present. but in the del sol s i beileve that's where the d16z6 comes to play.

incorrect. in the del sol si the b16 is present. but in the del sol s i beileve that's where the d16z6 comes to play.
incorrect the del sol s has a d15 in it the si has the d16z6 in it and the del sol with the b16 just says vtec on the back

incorrect the del sol s has a d15 in it the si has the d16z6 in it and the del sol with the b16 just says vtec on the back

my bad than i was always told the si was the b16 version of the sol. and that the s had the d16 but that the regular del sol was the d15 one.

my bad than i was always told the si was the b16 version of the sol. and that the s had the d16 but that the regular del sol was the d15 one.

Del Sol S = D15
Del Sol Si = D16Z6
Del Sol Si VTEC = B16A3

It's the same trim level system they used for the 92-96 Prelude...

so how much HP is a d16z6 have?
and with all stock internals and everything, how much PSI could i run (safely)?

125hp or I believe 108 actual to the wheels. 7psi.

Back