94 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i know this is stupid to ask, whats the difference between HP and WHP?
and so your saying running 7psi would get me around 125HP or 200wph?

whp mean wheel horse power whats actually getting to the ground .and 7psi with a good tune you could see that number

ohhh, i see.
ok stock 125HP and turbo@7psi around 200whp, right?
and since this civic is light, you think it would take an 2004 accord v6 ex?

ohhh, i see.
ok stock 125HP and turbo@7psi around 200whp, right?
and since this civic is light, you think it would take an 2004 accord v6 ex?

Probably, yes.

And FYI, there's no guarantee that you'll produce exactly 200 wheel horse with 7 PSI. The amount of power you'll produce depends on what turbo you're using. Around 200 wheel horses (on whatever PSI it takes to get there) is a good number to shoot for on a boosted Z6.

If you end up making 200 wheel horse, that means the engine is producing more like 230-240 horses at the crank. I believe that's pretty comparable to what the V6 Accord puts out...

sweet, so the PSI isn't whats going to blow the engine, its the amount of HP at the crank that can snap shit right?
so for example if i have 20PSI to get to 200hp its safer then 10PSI @ 250HP? (all just exagerated examples)

no that's why it has to be tuned to not hurt your motor. 10psi isnt always 10psi it depends on the volume of aim being moved and so forth it gets kinda complicated at this point lol

no that's why it has to be tuned to not hurt your motor. 10psi isnt always 10psi it depends on the volume of aim being moved and so forth it gets kinda complicated at this point lol

ok lets forget the "understanding" part of this for now, how about i just get the z6 for now.

what motor comes is a 1994 civic vx (vtec-e)
is that the d15z1?
and how much do you think i can sell for?
wow turbos are expensive, a greddy turbo kit without the intercooler is $1200
gay......

will i be ok at 200whp with stock rods on the z6?

Last edited:
Ok now when someone says there is an oil leak from the v-tec solenoid, is that the logo on the head?
this d16z6 is for sale at $500 but has some missing stuff.
d16z6 motor

and does a "full" swap mean with tranny?
idk all the terms, what does a swap usually consist of?
input plz?

my tranny is gay,the gear ratio is wierd, itslike 1st at 6k rpm then shift and 2nd goes to like fuckin 2.3-3k
lol
and clutch is gone to.

My dear friend, I think it's time you start doing a LOT of research in order to educate yourself further. We'll be here for you throughout it all. :D

what did i say stupid this time?

No no my friend, you haven't said anything stupid, I just highly suggest researching more often. It will help you out a lot more than just having everything handed to you. I only say this because it is one of the best ways to learn. We do not mind helping you out though, remember that. :D

No no my friend, you haven't said anything stupid, I just highly suggest researching more often. It will help you out a lot more than just having everything handed to you. I only say this because it is one of the best ways to learn. We do not mind helping you out though, remember that. :D

haha ok, i thought i said something retarded or something, idk.
where would you suggest to research stuff?
on these forums or another site??

:eek: Tell me you have already started searching on this forum/site? In fact, LIE TO ME and tell me you have. :ph34r: This is a GREAT place to learn as well as other sites. Google is your friend as well. I would take the time to read around and see what others have done that pertains to the goals you would like to accomplish. That will help you ask specific questions and make your learning experience even easier. :D

oh ofcourse i have done that, *cough*
i joined this HSF last night dude, so...
yeah
i promise i will though, ive been reading other threads, this site is great!

Back