96 teg obd2 engine into 91 teg obd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Orochi420

So far hasnt been too bad need nother new mount, but main issues are two extra plugs that are on the 91 teg harness that dont have corresponding sensors on the obd2 block, adjusting the issue of pvc placement by useing 96 valve cover hopefully wont matter, i declare b17a1 is a horrible engine lol, one side of transmission woudlnt seperate twards the end of the night but hoeping to resolve that tomorrow afternoon ( engine being put in is b18b with new oil pump, water pump, resurfaced flywheel(new bearing), new clutch, pressure plate, release bearing, new intake throttle body valve cover gaskets, thermostat )

anyone have info on extra plugs , will it cause issues not being hooked up?

update

Found them one is the thermo switch, the other is obsoleate oil temp switch ( when oil temp reaches 200-230f it shuts the ac off to help prevent overheating) but no ac will be in the car so no neccissary just capping wiht the original sensor and tucking away, the thermo switch has been relocated to the thermostat housing a little wire modding sall good.
only issue now is an open port on the fast idle valve, found images of a GSR and that valve only has the oneport so i should be alright just capping it if not pls let me know

Fin

Its all back in today i get my rotors and my o2 port got re tapped yesterday so it can finally be driven, only thing still up in the air is the radiator fan woudlnt kick on when it warmed up the other day, jumped the fan and its not that so im thinking its either the higher temp kick on rang 199 on the 96 thermo switch compared to the 191-198 range for the 91 original but location port change required some rewireing so i have to get the adaption checked for any signal.......any thoughts?

Back