all motor lsvtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i got a 91 integra with a jdm b16 in it. i want a bigger block so i want to go lsvtec. this is what i wanted to do.

ctr cams
itr valve springs and retainers
cam gears
ctr pistons
get the b16 head milled and port polished
lighted flywheel
use b16 my b16a trans
ive already have a chiped ecu and vtec kicks in at 4400 and it redlines at 9000
do you thick thatthe motor setup has potental?

holla

Originally posted by convertedstangbanger@Oct 5 2003, 01:52 PM
keep the b16 and go turbo.

yeah i would also keep the b16 and go turbo

but if you want to keep it all-motor then yes that motor has potential.

hey! thats what im doing i was going to send the b16 block out to get resleeved and just buy a b16 head and and fix that up to put together a monster turbo motor. :D

dont go ls vtec, yeah it is a good fast motor but not a good motor....... turbo charge just like everyone else has said :D

lsvtec is fine if built right....

do things right the first time and you will be fine as far as reliability is concerned.

why do you want your vtec kick'n in at 4400. Thats way to low IMO. your lossing power.

yo just put the ctr pistons in the b16 block and the ctr cams, valve springs and retainers in the head. it will be cheeper and just buy a sleeved b16 block. they sell them at full throttle. :D

will that have enough potental to beat a stock us integra type r?
just by doing
ctr pistons
ctr cams
itr springs and retainers
and my reprogramed ecu that redlines at 9000 rpms and tech kicks in at 4400?

your crossover should be in the upper 5k's..wiht the CTR cams

look at all the LS/VTEC haters....and i bet they only know what they read online.

anyways....LS/VTEC's are GREAT MOTORS....
just make sure you build it RIGHT, just like any other motor build up.
you can get a B20 block and that will be a heck of a motor.....

later

ive already have a chiped ecu and vtec kicks in at 4400 and it redlines at 9000

maybe that is why u r not happy with the pull.....you are loosing lowend-midrange power with a 4400 VTEC crossover point....

later

I am a fan of the lsvtec, the problem is that you need to build it right just like any honda rebuild. It needs to have certain things do for longevity reasons. Do it right the first time.

dont worry. now i know what im gonna do. dont worry about the integra its not going any faster. this winter i will be building a b20 vtec under cover :ph34r: it will be fully built and will go in somthing lite :driver:

if you want a bigger block meaning more Displacement then you want to go CRVTEC B20B or Z block, and any B series VTEC head... that's bigger.... Lsvtec is a 1.8 (LS=90-93[B18A1] 94-00 [B18B1]) with any B series VTEC head... get it straight yO'

no when i mean crvtec under cover i mean ls block with a 20 over bore sleeved or i was thinking that i can bore a b16 block 40 over bore and sleeve it.that s undercover it says b16 or b18 but its realy 2.0 :D

Back