allmotor ls vtec or turbo ls?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No you're not asking for advice. You keep suggesting that a friend or your friend's friend has this and that so your idea must work. Your questions were answered within the first 20 post or so. Minus the people that tried to threadjack of course. They gave you answers yet you still insisted that you knew someone who's done something else and it worked. Most of us on here are all about doing shit right the first time. Sure some Mickey Mouse jobs can last a year but a build that is proper and takes a year just to build will last year after year.

And the guy who just chipped your friend's ecu, with a shot in the dark map, more than likely made your friend's car run slower than it's potential. Sure it's fast now but a proper tune designed for just his application could have made it even faster... and last longer.

Some ppl just cant be helped. I was patient. I tried to help this guy. But, he already had all the answers, and had his mind made up about what he was gunna do. That makes this entire thread a waste of bandwidth.

To the OP, since your soo damn smart and your friends setup is soo bad ass, go ahead and do what you say. Dont come back cryin when you loose your first race, or better yet blow you shit up.

Someone needs to lock this thread and ban this tool bag.

96ekhatch,

You're a tool. I have given you plenty of answers and helpful advice. Yet you still continue to argue and now you have turned this thread into an all out flame-fest. Yeah you're right, I do have money. Want to know how I got it? Worked 60 hours a week all summer. While I was working, I was RESEARCHING. Something that you need to learn how to do. You're never going to get anywhere but backwards without research.

Answer me this: Why the fuck would you buy an eGay turbo kit and replace the turbo, wastegate, and blowoff valve? Thats like spending 800$ for intercooler piping, and a shitty manifold that will kill your setup. On top of that, you have to go re buy the shit you just took out of that crappy kit.

Did you fail to notice that I'm doing all the work on my car by myself at the age of 18? You claim to be 37 and you have the knowledge of a six year old on this topic, doesn't that tell you that you should probably research?

I take time out of my day to get on here and help people like you head in the right direction because this can be fun stuff if you do it right, but if you come at me insulting me and my views and also my build, you're not going to get help from anyone. Nobody wants to help an asshole. So grow the fuck up and take some advice, or get out for good.

-Matts96HB

i'm 21 idk y it says i'm 37 vause i'm not and i was asking for advice but the guy that did tune his car has done alot of honda's so i figured he would know a little something about tuning them esp on crome and yea idk wtf i was thinking about the ebay kit it was just a cheap way out to get my shit turbo'd on the road faster yea thats not the right way to do it but i've seen it work so i figured what the hell but yea i thought about it and building my own kit with better parts would be the better idea it would take longer but in the end it would be better. No i do not claim to know everything yea i'm stubborn but i know a little something about honda's so don't say that i have the knowledge of a 6 year old. and the reason i guess you guys thought i was acting like i knew everything is cause i have seen like i said my friend's car run and it ran strong for a long time and is still running great so i didn't see y it would be such a bad thing to just do the same set up with the same tune on the same motor but i understand now so thanks but for my ignorance you guys didn't have to be such asshole's calling me a tool bag and a tool wtf you respond to people not knowing somehting with ignorance and thats just fucked up cause in the end there's always going to be somebody who knows something more then you and i gues you just haven't figured that out yet. i was not insulting your build but whoever said something about it was trying to use it to show me that i'm an idiot or something and yea ya know what if i had money and a job where i could work 60 hours a week i would but some people just can't be that lucky and if i had money and that job i'd be able to afford your set up and everything you have but i don't ok so i'm just trying to do my best with what i have.

thats just fucked up cause in the end there's always going to be somebody who knows something more then you and i gues you just haven't figured that out yet.

Guess again. There are tons of ppl that know more than me, I haven't once said I'm an expert. But, when I talk to those ppl I don't argue with em. I listen to what they say, and learn from em. When you decide to do that, you'll get a much better response.

i'm 21 idk y it says i'm 37 vause i'm not and i was asking for advice but the guy that did tune his car has done alot of honda's so i figured he would know a little something about tuning them esp on crome and yea idk wtf i was thinking about the ebay kit it was just a cheap way out to get my shit turbo'd on the road faster yea thats not the right way to do it but i've seen it work so i figured what the hell but yea i thought about it and building my own kit with better parts would be the better idea it would take longer but in the end it would be better. No i do not claim to know everything yea i'm stubborn but i know a little something about honda's so don't say that i have the knowledge of a 6 year old. and the reason i guess you guys thought i was acting like i knew everything is cause i have seen like i said my friend's car run and it ran strong for a long time and is still running great so i didn't see y it would be such a bad thing to just do the same set up with the same tune on the same motor but i understand now so thanks but for my ignorance you guys didn't have to be such asshole's calling me a tool bag and a tool wtf you respond to people not knowing somehting with ignorance and thats just fucked up cause in the end there's always going to be somebody who knows something more then you and i gues you just haven't figured that out yet. i was not insulting your build but whoever said something about it was trying to use it to show me that i'm an idiot or something and yea ya know what if i had money and a job where i could work 60 hours a week i would but some people just can't be that lucky and if i had money and that job i'd be able to afford your set up and everything you have but i don't ok so i'm just trying to do my best with what i have.

By giving you advice I am also claiming that I know more about this subject than everyone else in the world? Lets get a few other opinions on this matter, as I feel I was very civil in my advice up until you started discussing my build in a way that made it seem like I handed my car to a shop and asked them to do it.

IF you want to do this right and have a reliable car at the end of it:
1. Research and set a power goal
2. Buy the right parts the first time, take your time and save if you can't afford it
3. Don't take shortcuts.
4. Read build threads and results until your eyes bleed. Seriously.
5. Know who you want to tune the car before you finish it.
6. Always remember that cheap parts will usually end up putting you in reverse.

You can't simply do the cheap, fast, and reliable method because it doesn't really exist. Your friends car might be cheap and it just might be reliable, but 13 second quarter mile really isnt that fast.

i know i gotta get good parts i've learned that and idk who to tune it but i'll figure it out there's a few people around here but a very low 13 second car that doesn't even have 5 grand into it including the price of the car with a stock motor with just a turbo kit and some tune a guy did isn't bad for a daily driver ya know u could buy an srt 4 and only be a 14 second car and spend 3 times as much, and the reason i thought that his tune would work fine is cause is worked on his and there are company's that make chip's for cars that work perfect like techtonics they make chips for vw's and they work perfect every time and i figured it was the same principal thats y i thought his tune would work

and no i did not mean that when i said the thing about your build i meant if i had money like you i could afford to buy the best parts and put them on myself and get someone very good to tune it but i don't have that kind of money

Thats the thing about mail order tunes, they dont work perfect. Thats a common misconception. They will run your car, but they wont make it perform. That is another reason to read Matts thread, he adresses this in it.

idk the same kid that had the civic just got a jetta with aftermarket rods and pistons with a 1.8t with a big port head and about an ar 70 and got his chip from i think techtonics and that bitch rolls out it is supposed to be around 400 hp and run 12's with full interior and get atleast 30 mpg thats what techtonics said lol it was supposed to do with that tune they gave him and the set up he is running, thats the only reason i thought his old tune would work for me cause he got his in his civic it ran fine and rolled out now he's got a jetta and it can burn then through 3rd all day long and he never got it dyno tuned same with my friend who owns a shop here in maryland he's got a 1.8t in a mk2 golf he had a turbo off a turbo diesel dodge and he ran a 12.0 the first pass with just a tune from techtonics.

There is nothing better than real time tuning man, no matter what you say. There's just simply too many variables for someone to attempt to tune your car from a computer desk 350+ miles away.

i know that dude but what i'm saying is untill i can save enough to go get it dyno tuned, the tune my friend had on his same set up should be suitable. His never broke up or anything while coming into boost or anything like that and he got atleast 30 miles to the gallon with it, it wouldn't take long for me to save up and i really don't drive alot so it should be ok he drove on his for almost a year then sold the car and it still runs.

And so everyone knows since the other thread that was supposed to be an amusing thing for everyone to enjoy but turned into an argument is locked, its not a mail order chip that i would be getting its a chipped ecu from a friend of mine who can tune on crome it is NOT A MAIL ORDER CHIP.

i know that dude but what i'm saying is untill i can save enough to go get it dyno tuned, the tune my friend had on his same set up should be suitable. His never broke up or anything while coming into boost or anything like that and he got atleast 30 miles to the gallon with it, it wouldn't take long for me to save up and i really don't drive alot so it should be ok he drove on his for almost a year then sold the car and it still runs.

If you aren't going to listen to everyone's advice, then don't look for more help. Part of your build is getting it tuned. If you can't save the fucking money to get it done, then don't do a fucking build. It's that simple. If you couldn't find your own girl, would fucking your buddies wife be suitable until one "fell in your lap"? You are missing everything that everyone is saying, and you are making no sense with your logic. Until you get your head out of your ass, you fail.

If your buddies build such good swaps, then why are you here? Go to them and allow them to do all your work. Don't bother us with your shenanigans.

idk the same kid that had the civic just got a jetta with aftermarket rods and pistons with a 1.8t with a big port head and about an ar 70 and got his chip from i think techtonics and that bitch rolls out it is supposed to be around 400 hp and run 12's with full interior and get atleast 30 mpg thats what techtonics said lol it was supposed to do with that tune they gave him and the set up he is running, thats the only reason i thought his old tune would work for me cause he got his in his civic it ran fine and rolled out now he's got a jetta and it can burn then through 3rd all day long and he never got it dyno tuned same with my friend who owns a shop here in maryland he's got a 1.8t in a mk2 golf he had a turbo off a turbo diesel dodge and he ran a 12.0 the first pass with just a tune from techtonics.

I have been seeing this thread just not wanting to get into it, but..........
You will be an idiot to do a swap and not tune. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not. With the money and time involved do you want to take that chance? If you do then go for it.
I have done several swaps myself and I know you can grab alot of hidden HP and TQ with a tune. One of the biggest thing you need to worry about are you running too lean or too rich and don't forget detonation. All I'm saying as save your money a wait to do it right! It took me 4yrs to finish my K-series build. It sucks, but damn man do it right the first time.

The thing is that the tune i would be getting is for the exact set up that i am doing. I have seen the same tune on the same set up before and it never detonated or anything and i saw that car run for almost a year and when he sold it it still had great compression and ran perfect and still got 30mpg. It didn't even smoke at all while it was running or even while he was racing. I know i need to dyno tune it to get everything out of it i can get but nobody understands that i understand that they wanna keep arguing. I have seen this tune in action and its for the exact set up i am doing it can't be so different on my motor that its going to blow cause for one my motor has less miles on it then his did when he turbo'd it, and mine has ALOT better compression so its going to hold up better and longer.

OMFG!!! WTF are you not understanding?!!! It doesn't matter if the same setup is on your motor with that particular tune. THE ENGINES THEMSELVES STILL OPERATE DIFFERENTLY!!!!!!!!!

Like I told you before, that chip could be richening at a certain rpm range where your motor doesn't need it and vice versa.

Let's say, for shits and giggles, your friend's injectors were slightly cleaner than yours and the spray pattern, from them being a little cleaner, allowed the injectors to spit slightly more fuel. So say this 'chip/tune' advances ignition timing at 6000rpms. His motor is getting enough fuel due to the cleaner injectors, therefore, can handle the advance in ignition timing. Now what do you think would happen to your engine, with the dirty injectors and poor fuel spray pattern, when it hits that rpm and the timing advances? Yup, you guess it, detonation at it's finest and your motor is toast.

I don't care if your motor has less miles and all that other BS. The point is, it's not just about a few components. That's why you get a tune for YOUR SPECIFIC APPLICATION.

I can't believe how someone so hard headed can sit there and say no one understands them when they sure as hell can't even understand what 50 other fucking people are trying to tell them...

Back