Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

looks like ur motor sits lower on the driver side.. or higher on the passenger side.. wrong/bad mounts?

I was thinking the same thing.. But I just thought it was the way the car was sitting in the grass.

Maybe so idk. I have no idea where the mounts are from. just some no-names.

Anyway. I forgot to post up pics of my newest project, a 1954 International R-110 pickup.
IMAGE_337-1.jpg

IMAGE_272.jpg

IMAGE_271.jpg

IMAGE_204.jpg

IMAGE_199.jpg

Heres what I want it to look like when I'm done:
53atrir.jpg

I don't like the chevy grill/bumper swap. You should keep yours stock, and leave the hood on.

should have been more specific: yes i'll be keeping my hood and it will be lower than stock, but not dragging. he's on bags and I wont be. save those for the next (rat rod) project :)

I'm still alive and kickin', guys... Just been working on my truck and getting ready for my trip! (I'll update you on the truck when I return)
I'm leaving Sunday for the Dominican Republic for 18 days!! Really excited.

We've also been workin hard on Terrance's Integra "Aeris." It's almost ready to spray! Probably have primer on it this weekend and it'll be ready for paint next week. (Too bad it's cold/wet right now, paint's not drying all that well. We'll have to bust out the ol propane heater... I'm sure you can follow the progress on terrance's H-T thread. (search "Mac_24_seven Aeris")

I'll be back on the 31st. Should have some updates with some sweet pictures from down in the DR then!
See ya guys
-Andrew

propane heater while painting??
that wont fuck the paint up??

As update: Andrew is in the DR now and I'm rockin t3h Rex!

Think I've figured out the hesitation it has when you are on it full throttle: Fuel filter. His lil Earls filter has a replaceable element so we'll be getting one and seeing if that fixes the problem.

Until then, I'm rockin the Rex while he's away! Man what a fun lil car, I loves it :) Makes me want my GSr running so much more.

not trying to jack this thread but i have to say, a couple of days ago i never thought i would get sucked into reading this long of a thread. its nice to see the daily trials and tribulations of working and customizing on your own car. keep up the good work and good luck on the truck build.

Back from the D.R.!!! Wow what an awesome trip.
I'll have some pics up soon! Gotta organize them and load 'em up to the interweb.

Side note: I'm about to help a buddy in town turbo his Geo Tracker :D lolz

I'd get the Chevy instead of the IH. But if you need parts, I'm heading off to a older gentlemans property here in the Tennessee area north of Memphis by a hour or so in few weeks that has hundreds of old vehicles. I'm going with a bud that I've helped him restore two of his 47 buick convertables, and will be looking for more parts that are hard to find.
He got them from another older gent that had over 600 vehicles on his property!! That guy married a younger gold digger and she tried to take him for everything and he invites her over and blows his head off right in front of her. So being a suicide, she wouldn't get a dime from his estate..

I didn't want to read through all your pages but, what other older cars might you need stuff for? You never know about some of these wealthy farmers..
I'll try and take some pics if he'll let me.

E

yo! glad your alive. did you ever get rid of the civic? i knew you were selling for a little while.

see ya around!

I'd get the Chevy instead of the IH. But if you need parts, I'm heading off to a older gentlemans property here in the Tennessee area north of Memphis by a hour or so in few weeks that has hundreds of old vehicles. I'm going with a bud that I've helped him restore two of his 47 buick convertables, and will be looking for more parts that are hard to find.
He got them from another older gent that had over 600 vehicles on his property!! That guy married a younger gold digger and she tried to take him for everything and he invites her over and blows his head off right in front of her. So being a suicide, she wouldn't get a dime from his estate..

I didn't want to read through all your pages but, what other older cars might you need stuff for? You never know about some of these wealthy farmers..
I'll try and take some pics if he'll let me.

E

:eek: Jesus Christ!!!

Whats up Abel?! I still have the Civic. I'm still 'casually' trying to sell it. $13,9 if anyone is interested :)
07 Si, 35k, stock.

Anyway, 78civic, thanks for the offer. I don't think I need anything right now, though.
And i don't know if you missed it, but I already own the IH. The 40's chevy was just another find for another project...

Back