Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

key word: should

I always seem to run slower than I expect... :)
my driving, the track, street tires... all of which seem to slow me down.
We'll see :)

just try and not spin off the line or when shifting to 2nd .... you can always drop the air pressure in your tires to get more contact patch

Damn i haven't read this thread in so long now its 98 pages. i don't know where to start back up. :(

I MADE THE 2445th POST!... idk

yeah I preload the clutch normally. we'll see what I can do :)

klyph! i sold it :(
then I bought a NOS direct port kit, then sold it and trippled my money. lol

as much as I wanted to use 'em, i could've used the money more, ya know? :D

I've got ripepr vids of the GSR CRX, btu my damn phone plays them back in high speed: The engine sounds like weedeater on acid!

I hadn't seen this thread for a while. Good to see the project is still going! :thumbsup:

Okie Dokie! well we just got back from the track today. I only ran twice and was done. I'll scan the timeslips soon and Terrance has video.
run #1 was15.4 @ 92.2(yikes on the mph) with a 2.5xx 60' (garbage)
then I ran again and hit a sweet 2.2 60' and still managed a 15.4@around 88/9. On this run the motor was spitting and sputtering like the timing was a litle off. I still haven't timed it with a gun yet. it's just eyeballed.

Anyway, I don't really know why the trap speed was so low. but I'm not really worried about it. it's not a drag car and that motor won't be in here long...

Ok, after hitting my thread and Andrews, the two threads with the most subscribers, I'm calling :spam: on your ass. You're too fucking blatant. Tone it down or send me some free shirts, nog.

Honda1_001.jpg

doo eeiiitt!

That's maddd nice, is that powdercoat?.

No I think the VC is sick too. but its just the fact that this thread is so old... it just seemed kind of senseless. thats all. no worries maine. :)

As far as any updates, I have the interior out of it right now. Been slooooowwly getting it into DD shape. I've just been working like mad lately.
Pics later.

I just got CRX interior from an 88'. I have some minor scratches and gouges. What shape is your interior in?. I would love to see pics!. Also, are you going to paint it as well, I don't know if I should paint mine to the color of the car or not. LoL, I guess it is an old thread, I just liked the VC, hehe.

Not to be tootin' my own whistle, but mine's in great shape. I'm the second owner and the first owner really took great care of it all.
I pulled it out to remove the sound deadening (with Dry-Ice) and I just have yet to re-install it. I think I'm going to weigh the car before I do. just for giggles.

Back