anothr rwd v8 civic.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2000455272489756911_rs.jpg

im going to do my best to take more pics today. i dont know if i can handle this 4week old puppy anymore. it needs to let me sleep at night,lol.

here is a couple more pix

ok removed these pictures because they have aparently been taken over haha

Last edited:
ok. im not sure why the pics look blurry. i took them the same way i took them last time. i hope its just this pos comp thats causing it.

I thought you said you had to put the headers on backwards? They look like theyre on right in the pic. Did somethin change?

ok i figured it out and i am redoing it. they were on backwards. but im turning them the right way.
i am going to repost the pics

well with them facing the right way. i wont have to get an oil filter relocation kit. and the steering will just clear. im going to have to move the gas pedal though.

ok these pics should be better. as soon as i get some gas for the welder i will do some more welding. im not a profesional. so i know some people will make fun of my welding but i am also using a stick welder.
152dua1.jpg

dekxnl.jpg

1gg9ah.jpg

2cfwrjd.jpg

I wish you the best with this build......but i sure hope you build a full frame for this beast, because the first time you jump on the gas, this baby will twist.

well im not going to build a full frame because i cant afford it. im going to leave a stock 302 ho in it for now. later on when i build my 347 fuel injection engine im going with a 5speed then. and by then i should have enough to take it to a friends shop and have them build a complete roll cage in it and everything. but in the mean time i am going to brace everything up for now. im not really going to get on it to much because im sure it will twist,lol. but i have a bunch of 1x1 tubing and some 1in angle iron and some iron plate and a couple of old vechile body parts. thats what i have to work with right now. i am working on vechiles for money also. so thats also taking away from working on my civic. starting tomorrow im going to be working on the rack and pinion and getting the motor just perfect in there. dead center and everything.

but as soon as i get the money im going to get some rectangle tubing and im going to work on building a tube fram from front to back. i am also going to have a massive roll cage installed. so that also will brace it up. there already is 3 people that stopped by and asked me if i wanted to sell it when im done building it. im trying to have it done hopefully in the next 2 weeks. and if it does end up twisting the car. thats fine i will just start over. im going to try and make it to where everything will bolt and un bolt from the car. like i said i only paid 50 bucks for the car. well im getting off for now. been working all day .

Knew a guy who built the hell out of a 454 chevy. Bolted it up in an old piece of crap 80s stock chevy pickup and went to power brake it. Twisted the frame and broke the windshield, lol.

Last edited:
well i was doing some measuring earlier and i was thinking about cutting the whole floor out of my 83 mustang and then just putting that and the suspension onto the civic but it would sit up high,haha. well backing up to the civic with my truck to use the cherry picker to move the motor around. i kinda accidently nocked it off the jack stands in the back and the blocks i put it on in the front. and from looking at the back on an angel. i think i might have twisted the body. ohwell i can straighten it. i think lol i got enough trees around here i think i can pull it off,lol. but who thinks i should use the mustang flooring and suspension or just keep the civic stuff

sadly enough if i were to twist the hella outta it. then thats fine because wanna know something. atleast i can said built a rearwheel drive civic,lol and i will be doing it again with a hurricane katrina flooded 2000 prelude,lol

Back