anothr rwd v8 civic.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just click report post button and report it. i just did.

well heres an update only major welding i have left to do is the motor mounts. i got the trans mount made. rearend is mounted. other then that i need to rebuild the motor and get a peice to fix my drivshaft so it will fit. and i need to make the mount for the radiator and for the steering. but its coming along pretty smooth. will have more pix soon.

well. i got the transmission mount done. just have to weld it to the side of the car by the doors. im making some frame braces down the side and middle of the car to strengthen it all up. got the motor mounts 50% done. im shooting for a test drive by the end of next week. all i have left to figure out is what i will do with the steering. i have an idea but. i have the motor kinda high but this way nomatter what i can make sure it clears the steering and crossmember braces.. i will try to have some pix tomorrow.

Cool. Get it running, brace it up, chop the roof off of it, sand all of the paint off and lose the hood. That would be one bad ass rat rod.

lmao haha. i might lower the engine and trans down some but i dunno yet all depends on the rack and pinion i use but i got it perfectly situated right there. and right there it seems to be pretty solid. so i might just leave it there.. i still find it funny that i do not have to use a custom driveshaft. oh and if it was a coupe or hatchback i would consider making it a convertible but not with it being a 4door. that would look weird,haha

Modified 4 door would still look good. :D

civic_truck_med_02.jpg

Others:

Index of /~mike/intercrew_truck

wtf? lol that does loo badass. what year civic is that supposed to be though. but i wish i could see what a 96 4door would look like,haha

well i have the motor mounts made up. just need to brace them up some more. trying to figure out what rack and pinion i am going to use. i need to finish welding in the transmission cross member. i had to stop because it started raining earlier.i also have the radiator i am going t use. im going to make he mounts for it soon also. once i get all the mounts made up. i will pull it all out make sure everything is welded up nice and tight and then i am going to take more pics because i am also going to paint everything. then test drive it then if everything works out i am going to start the sheet metal work. im still going to use a surburban 40 gallon tank. unless if i use fuel injection then i am going to use a lincoln mark7 fuel tank.

lmao haha. im using it for the weight and less trips to the gas station. i do alot of driving back and forth from houston tx to south,ms and from south,ms to pensacola,fl
to the big fuel tank will really help out. i am also going to mount dual batterys in the trunk. unless i decide to leave out the rear seat then i will just put them right there. still deciding if i should put the rear seat back in or not. what do yall think.

whoa..this actally looks like it has the possibility to be completed...get some pix..im real interested..as for the seats..leave em in

You're going to drive thousands of miles in this thing?

Just get yourself a $500 stock EF with a d15 in it. Use that to do long distance driving. You'll pay for it over and over again in saved money via fuel mileage. And it'll be safe.

I'm all about a monster v8 rat rod civic project, but it serves a certain purpose, and that purpose is not touring.

Last edited:
yea def. not for long distance car rides lol...
your going to have a hell of a time getting this car to catch traction as well...

well im not going to make that many trips. well i just got it all figured out. im just going to use fuel injection instead of a carb so therefore i am going to just put the lincoln mark7 fuel tank. but with fuel injection i think it will be better for me. and im going to drop the motor down some because were its at now. with the plenum on i would have to use a 6 inch hood cowl. i mean its when i get done with it. it will be getting decent gas mileage so it wont be that bad. i am about to take some pics and then send them to my email so i can put them online on what i have done sofar but leave in mind that i am going to lower the motor and transmission because i am going to be able to use a mustang rack and pinion im going to take it out of my dads mustang since heis doing nothing with it. might just see if i can just use the whole front subframe but i am also working on putting the motor together at the same time.

nah it will catch traction. im going to have some 295/50/r15 so it will catch traction just fine as long as i keep it off the floor haha

Back