Anti-honda Site...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well he compares a 305hp 4L car to a 1.8L 195hp Integra, which of course the 305hp car would win. but compare the 4L to a tuned TURBO integra or a turbo NSX, 305hp is cake. he talks shit about small engines, but why wouldnt he use the NSX? he also states straight line performance, but not road course. anyone ever drive a ITR or a nsx?

305hp 4l car? are you saying the camaro is 4 liters? uhh, its 5.7 liters (roughly 346 cubes). You say a tuned turbo teg.. lets turbo the camaro and see who wins. You can't turbo one and not the other one. Why not the NSX? B/c its considered a supercar to everyone around the mid-west.. maybe in other places as well.

Rsaeini.. technically, full loaded, camaro's are ~3780 (the 98-up ls1 equipted cars are) :p

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Apr 14 2003, 11:53 AM
305hp 4l car? are you saying the camaro is 4 liters? uhh, its 5.7 liters (roughly 346 cubes). You say a tuned turbo teg.. lets turbo the camaro and see who wins. You can't turbo one and not the other one. Why not the NSX? B/c its considered a supercar to everyone around the mid-west.. maybe in other places as well.

Rsaeini.. technically, full loaded, camaro's are ~3780 (the 98-up ls1 equipted cars are) :p

smartass... :D ...

Domeskilla made a good point, it's something I brought up as well...it's a STOCK car VS. STOCK car...no matter how you try to cut it those domestic sports cars will win...and K2e2ven, he did have some stats in there for a slalom course. in my opinion that Mustang they were rating did pretty good considering the thing has 215hp and it weights about 3400 lbs...now i sound like i'm defending the guy who wrote that and it's not something i'm trying to do... :angry:

Dude, as a mechanic , I have respect for all makes and models of cars foreign or domestic. (except Korean cars, everyone agrees that they suck) I don't know why he has to go around dissing Honda's, it sounds like he's just jealous. :whatafucktard:

i dont know i thought he said 4.**L. ohwell. btw i dont consider the nsx a supercar, youd be suprised how many people have them on the east coast.

yeah turbo the camaro but it wouldnt have a large range to work with, and in a street race torque doesnt win it all, unless the road is very clean and youre running large slicks.

i do like domestics, specifically the older mustangs, corvettes, gt90, and pontiac gto.

Can you imagine the warm,fuzzy feeling the guy gets,when he finds out how much Honda boards go on about his anti Honda website?

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Apr 14 2003, 02:50 PM
yeah turbo the camaro but it wouldnt have a large range to work with, and in a street race torque doesnt win it all, unless the road is very clean and youre running large slicks.

that's not true. it doesn't matter if the road is completely flat and clean. torque is torque. and you don't needs slicks to be able to put the power down to the ground. a descent set of street tires will do the job.

think about it like this...if you turbo a GSR you'll get what, about 250-275hp. i'll compare it to a Mustang cuz i know them pretty well. If you turbo a Mustang you'll get about 375-400hp. you do the math and see if power-to-weight ratio will overcome that 150hp obstacle. sorry, no matter how you cut that cake the Mustang is gonna win cuz we were talking about stock VS. stock. if you mod one of those cars, you'll have to mod the other equally. do you see my point? B)

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 14 2003, 03:10 PM
Can you imagine the warm,fuzzy feeling the guy gets,when he finds out how much Honda boards go on about his anti Honda website?

ok. ok. i get the point. i'll stop responding to this post. <_<

Stock for stock of course a honda won't beat a mustang.
Ignorant dumasses who try to start that argument w/ me get bitch slaped everytime. Honda's are made for economy, reliability, and low ass cost, not performance.
I've seen more 200k+ hondas/acuras than any other make of car put together.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Apr 14 2003, 07:05 PM
fuck hondas.

:werd:

i spent so much damn money on the turbo and ls and i still get owned off the line by damn near any vehicle :(

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Apr 14 2003, 05:50 PM

Click www.ls1motorsports.com and click new products and more info on the single turbo setup. Stock 3800 lbs camaro with 7 psi on a t5X turbo ran 11's.. it can handle that psi on that turbo all day long.

John Lingefelter is running 8.95 on a TT vette that still manages ~30 mpg and is drive on the street.

first off, being a filipino myself, i wish i could hit this guy in the back of the head to knock some sense into him . filipinos arent haters, this guy is just plain stupid. second , isnt the whole idea of having an import(honda or whatever) is to have something that can be fast, not necessarily the fastest, but still be reliable, and not waste an assload of money on insurance , gas and maintenance. besides what fun is it making something big beat up on something small . like a v8 on a honda? although i've seen a some modded hondas/acuras with capable drivers outhandle and outrun v8's. why hate things you dont fully understand? the idiot who made this site is probably just a hater who cant afford a honda and is still borrowing his mama's stationwagon with a v8.

He talks about the Mustang and Camaro. But never talks about the S2000? Why so? a 2L engine making 240HP, would look bad in is website? it's maybe not that good, but fuck it still stock!!! And it's RWD!!!

hey i own 2 crxs and i can attest to the enormous amount of money required to modify your honda but damn v8 vs i4 hmm is that fair?

bigger engines have more potential....smaller engine cars are cheaper/cheaper on gas/cheap insurance/cheap cheap cheap. If you wanna argue pure preformance, v8 and lager will always own if you have the money. Handeling?? WS6 package is mighty nice. Z06's handle great. If money wasnt an issue we'd all be driving cars with humongus engines and or a Subaru wrx sti (trans am hosepower on a 4cyl)...if money is an issue...well, see how many people on this board drive hondas.

domeskilla, are you sure about that vette? im pretty sure there isnt a vette on the road making 30 mpg, let alone a car running 8's. if you find a link about it, post it so's i can check it out. i would really like to see an economy bred american sports car packin a v8. if youre right about that, it would kick my ass.

Back