are these tires good?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dreded90crxsi

I need new tires bad, almost no tred left of the ones I have now. Are these falken tires any good? They seem like a good deal but I figured I should make sure firshttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?step=details&source=size&productType=TIRE&index=1&productCodeIndex=28862t.

whats your goal of the car? daily driver? summer only? winter? rainy climate?

if its the last 2 get them.
if its summer, don't

I like these :)

But those don't seem to bad, H speed rated all season, cheap, they have their place for sure, but like B said, you have to take into account the what's and why's first.

I need something that's good in dry and rain, for every season, and I live in florida (unfortuinatly) I'm trying to find some good tires that don't cost too much because I'm borrowing money to get them. Thanks for your replies everyone.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 5 2004, 04:09 AM
I like these :)

But those don't seem to bad, H speed rated all season, cheap, they have their place for sure, but like B said, you have to take into account the what's and why's first.

I was reading some reviews of those on TireRack.com and alot of people were disipointed in those. They said they were defently better then street tires, but was expecting them to grip like full out slicks, and they came up short.

Of corse they aren't gonna grip like slicks. If they grip better then regular street tires and don't fall apart fast then they are exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for all you help everyone.

lol - drag raidals are NOT for you. not even close.
they will last about 3k miles, will suck ass in anything but dry heat.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 5 2004, 04:14 PM
lol - drag raidals are NOT for you. not even close.
they will last about 3k miles, will suck ass in anything but dry heat.

What he^ said. So unlike him to give bad information? :shrug2:

I'm not going for the drag radials I'm going for the tires I was origionaly talking about. I'm gonna go order them right now :D

Originally posted by dreded90crxsi@Jun 5 2004, 05:11 PM
Of corse they aren't gonna grip like slicks. If they grip better then regular street tires and don't fall apart fast then they are exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for all you help everyone.

look at the link that I am talking about, I am not talking about the Falken Zeix, I am talking about the Drag radaials that John posted.

If you want nice all season tires that are not too expensive - Get a set of Kumho Ecsta 711's. Those tires have done me well and after about 18,000 Miles, i still have about 65% tread left.

Back