Awptick's EJ9 D14Z2 Turbo Build Up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My German's not so good. =)

I'm only 19. I might be 20 by the time I get there(April), but who knows.
I might just take a bunch of pictures and watch, unless someone of my friends lets me ride along or drive. :D

My German's not so good. =)

I'm only 19. I might be 20 by the time I get there(April), but who knows.
I might just take a bunch of pictures and watch, unless someone of my friends lets me ride along or drive. :D

Damn. You're a youngin'.

BOT: My car needs new rear brakes. It's got drums, so I'll have to do that sometime. Maybe the same time as the turbo. When I pull up the parking brake 3 clicks, the pedal feels like a new car's and the stopping power is better. It takes 5 clicks for the parking brake to actually make the shoes touch the drums, so I think I might just have to tighten the cables. Anyone have any advice?

BOT: My car needs new rear brakes. It's got drums, so I'll have to do that sometime. Maybe the same time as the turbo. When I pull up the parking brake 3 clicks, the pedal feels like a new car's and the stopping power is better. It takes 5 clicks for the parking brake to actually make the shoes touch the drums, so I think I might just have to tighten the cables. Anyone have any advice?

Pull the drums and adjust your clickers 3-4 clicks, adjusting the e-brake cable will only make it so the handle wont come up as far, and youll still have poor stopping power and pedal feel.

It didn't come. Next weekend I'm going on vacation, and I really wanted it. Maybe It'll come during the week and I'll have time to install everything.

:(

It came. The drain is here!

Maybe I'll throw everything on tomorrow before my horseback riding lessons.

I painted the intercooler with some hi-temp epoxy paint. (The kind you use to repaint a gas grill.)

I also leak-tested it. It's fine at 100PSI, so I'm pretty sure it's not going to leak, even through part of it is kinda chewed up. Oh well. Looks aren't everything.

I'm going to pick up some 50 or 60mm pool-hose today after work for the post-intercooler piping.

The oil drain bulkhead plug has been cut, and is ready to go in.

I've still got to machine the fuel-rail, swap the OBD2 injector plugs to the OBD1 plugs, make a knock detection system (It'll either be software running on my eeepc, or a hardware device. I'm leaning towards hardware.), and wait for the rest of the silicone couplers to come.

Attachments

• P250808_18.57[01].JPG
    P250808_18.57[01].JPG
    453.6 KB · Views: 231
^ Thats not even in that bad of shape, it seems like that paint wouldnt let the heat dissipate as well as an unpainted one. :dunno:

The heat dissipation won't be effected, because it's only the front surface, the paint doesn't go in-between the fins.

I started thinking about it and a lot of OEM intercoolers are black.

Yep. Most front mount ICs are black. I got to looking at the cars on the drive home from Berchesgaden, and Mercedes intercoolers tend to not be painted as often as everyone else's.

Most of the side mount ICs, such as Porsche, Audi, and SAAB are bare aluminum too, but you really have to look to see it, because they're tucked away.

I don't think I'll have a problem. At most it will increase temperatures 0.01C.

I'll probably paint mine in the future... :thumbsup:

OK, so unless I find this stuff this week, I'm screwed.

I came home from vacation, and I saw that my bedroom had been 'cleaned up' by my dad.

Turns out, he took all my tools, all my turbo-parts, and everything else that was on the floor.

So, I have no charge piping. At all.
No tools, at all.

This isn't cool.

in other news, I got the rest of the silicone couplings, and the ARP studs that I'm probably not going to put in now.

I suddenly feel like kylph.

OK, so unless I find this stuff this week, I'm screwed.

I came home from vacation, and I saw that my bedroom had been 'cleaned up' by my dad.

Turns out, he took all my tools, all my turbo-parts, and everything else that was on the floor.

So, I have no charge piping. At all.
No tools, at all.

This isn't cool.

I would be so pissed.:gunfight:

Back