B16 bucking, TPS???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

New plugs, wires, car, rotor. It doesn't have an ignition misfire. I did a complete and accurate swap, and the ecu is the original ecu from the b16. I changed the tps, tested and rechecked its adjustment, and am now certain the issue isn't at the tps. After a good chat with the foreman at Honda it appears to be my iac valve. It still doesn't quite make sense to me, but he seemed relatively certain. It ran great for an hour after i played and tested tps voltages and then reset everything after. It then started to have a high idle, then up and down idle and jerky throttle reponse on decel. I don't have another iac to try, but might try one off an integra if they are the same, all the civic ones i have seen around are like my old sohc valve.

And if its the iac, Madracer called it bang on and I will owe him great thanks....!!!

this is a message for codyb76 you can maybe check the throttle cable if he got the same adjustment as the other one ,could be the map assy sensor that stick or what i already see its a exhaust manifold crack or the o2 sensor that work so-so .check too for a leak on any hose check all the clips if there tight.send me a massage after you check all that

Back