b16 problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just got home from getting it installed and have done the following for the vtec wires.......

A8-vtec solenoid
B5-VTEC pressure switch and grounded
B19-P/S switch wire and pin taken out and knock sensor put in
C8-O2 sensor pinned in
C9-P/S switch wire and pin put in, PA sensor d/c

I did this perfectily i'm sure, except the knock sensor i wasn't sure which plug it was, so i chose the green one right under the intake manifold and wired that up, but i got a check engine light, and its idling at like 250rpms and was surging at one point after i revved the car up, but when i'm driving and push in the throttle the car jerks a little bit, but i'm thinking thats a loose throttle and maybe my idle has been turned down, but why the check engine light, help me please!!

sending a code 3, map sensor, i checked the connector nothing wrong, i checked the vacuum lines dont' seem to be anythign wrong, can anyone help me!!!!!!!

jesus christ, 3 fuckin forumns and nobody knows anything, pathetic <_<

I don't see how these could be mixed up, its not possible, there no where near each other, and def. not long enough to reach each other. The tps is on the back of the T/B kinda, and the map sensor is on the drivers side, next to the brake master cylinder on the firewall. Everyone seems to think its a vacuum line, but i can't seem to see anything wrong, although people have said any tiny cracks or pin holes could cause this, and i may have a hose like that, but damn its so small to see.

ok..chill out man....
first, if you put map connetor to TPS sensor, the car can't start. Secondly, the MAP sensor of DX motor not really compatable to B16a motor. I had the same problem when I put B16a to my Crx, then I change to 90-93 Teg MAP sensor, now it's run like a champ. Make sure check all the hose , even purge solenoid valve cut-off and fuel pressure regulator cut-off valve. what ECU u r using anyway ?

Originally posted by CrxSiR@Sep 1 2003, 08:14 AM
ok..chill out man....
first, if you put map connetor to TPS sensor, the car can't start.

Yes it can, run mine for a day before switching them back.

That's is weird ! Because TPS and MAP sensor completed different. MAP sensor take the pressure air while TPS measure the recirculation air inside T/B and send back to ECU to allow to have throtle boost up. MAP to measure air from T/B to send to ECU info's to control air pressure allow to intake ?.....hum...that's weird , tho. U mean U driving the car for long distance, like 30 minutes or so ?

Originally posted by CrxSiR@Sep 1 2003, 06:21 PM
hum...that's weird , tho. U mean U driving the car for long distance, like 30 minutes or so ?

Like for a couple days to and from work, and around town. Ran like shit, but it did.

Hey thanks for finally getting back to me guys, but really i don't see how its possible to switch the connectors, cuz there no where near each other, and i was def. not about to take the wires out or d/c them through the harness. However i checked all my vacuum hoses and there fine, but my a/c was taken out and i see that there were no hoses connected to the purge solenoid. So i just connected one end to the other to cut them off. But i do have a 3 way bypass to get a hose going to the charcoal canister instead of from the purge solenoid. But there is no other place on the back of the T/B to plug in the other hose from the purge solenoid like on the diagram i saw for the b16 vacuum lines. Other than that i don't know whats wrong, but it really sucks cuz i'm using a lot of gas, running really rich, idling at 250rpms, and sometimes it surges. I checked the connectes at the ecu there fine, i don't know what else to do. Please help, but i know its not the connectors unless they've gone bad or something, which i'm gonna try to check sometime.

sounds like you got the vac lines hooked up wrong..what did you do with the vac sensors on the firewall?where are your lines going?

Originally posted by DAMCOOLDAV@Aug 31 2003, 02:37 AM
I don't see how these could be mixed up, its not possible, there no where near each other, and def. not long enough to reach each other. The tps is on the back of the T/B kinda, and the map sensor is on the drivers side, next to the brake master cylinder on the firewall. Everyone seems to think its a vacuum line, but i can't seem to see anything wrong, although people have said any tiny cracks or pin holes could cause this, and i may have a hose like that, but damn its so small to see.

THey should be right next to each other, you have an external MAP I am assuming since it is mounted on the firewall. But the plugs should still be able to reach, and the hose from teh MAP to teh throttle body shouldn't be long enough to plae it by the MC.

does your integra have those vac sensors on the firewall like my crx si??if so then what i did was cap off the one on the right then had the one on the left the upper vac line goes to my charcoal cannistor then the lower vac line that connects with the line goes to the back of my intake manifold..my fpr vac line goes to my intake manifold..my setup maybe is dif from yours cuz i have a skunk2 manny..check your ground connections and your fuses..

maybe your timing is off a little,also get a new dis cap/rotor then get a new fuel filter and a tune-up..check your battery

Back