B16 Swap Nightmare !!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm sure an integra radiator hose would work

i used the cai that i had on my d16, its a lil long but it fit, had to get a different coupler (i think thats what it is called, the rubber piece that attaches the pipe to the throttlebody?) the b series is bigger.
integra intake should work right?

thats pretty ballsy to undergo such a project and THEN come to a site like this and start asking questions and doing research. you would think guys at HONDA would actually know their own parts but when it comes to swaps thats simply not true. hope you learned your lesson and good luck.

thats pretty ballsy to undergo such a project and THEN come to a site like this and start asking questions and doing research. you would think guys at HONDA would actually know their own parts but when it comes to swaps thats simply not true. hope you learned your lesson and good luck.

yeah he learned that honda doesnt know shit about engine swaps. all they know is whats stock, and since we dont have an ef in america that comes with a b series then they dont know what the hells goin on.

he went ahead with the project bc he figured honda would, after all it is a honda. then posted after he knew that they didnt.

but hey, congrats on your first post, we love reading what we've already said, many times, lol. (dont take offense, not trying to piss you off)

I'm not sure that Honda really likes the whole idea of swaps too well. My dad knows a mechanic that just recently retired and he said they were always encouraged to stay away from swapping anything but a stock motor into a car. It voids a warranty (if there is one) and isn't considered "reliable". Kinda an oxymoron in a sense, Honda is calling their own motor "unreliable" simply because its in a different car.

Well I work for honda in east ilberty oh there not to many swaps out there Im the only one thats done one that i know of because there encourged like they said to put usdm motors in them

k i got my car back ! and the engine light comes on but the tech at honda said dont worry about it because the code its giving doesnt exist. and another thing is when im driving around sometime the engine "hic-ups" it also hicups when im appraoching redline... what could be causing this??? the honda guy said its something to do with ignition system but what do you guys think?

get the specs and test to see if the sensors are putting out the correct voltage.

basically take it to another shop and have them test it.

it shouldn't be throwing any codes. even ones that 'don't exist'

i had an ecu that gave me a JDM traction control code. it turned out it was an ecu from an automatic... and it was toast. might be the ecu.

I think the problem is timing related because it only happens when the car is warm not when it its cold, also it gargles when i let off the gas and when im at exactly 2500rpm the CEL goes off.

well when mine gets warm it throws out a knock sensor code that could be the same with yours so when the code come on it might change the fuel mixture

I talked to the tech again yesterday when i was picking up my old enging and i told him about my thoughts that it could be a knock sensor, he said that that was a possiblity but he thinks it is the ecm he said that the reason the code doesnt exist is because it is an exhaust gas reccirculation code and because my car has no emissions control system he said the code cannont exist. he also said to try and put a pw0 ecm into the car instead of the pr3 that is allready in it.... any thoughts ?

Back