b16a boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lilj06

I am somewhat new to the whole turbo thing, I have a b16a with the following upgrades done to it

8.5:1 pistons
eagle connecting rods
aftermarket head
skunk2 stage 2 cams
skunk2 cam gears
edelbrock intake manifold
stage 4 clutch
cusco flywheel
greddy exhaust
edelbrock victor x turbo kit

How much boost can I SAFELY run on this setup??? what kind of ecu should i get, im leaning towards hondata s300

Not sure if this car is obd1 or obd2, but if its obd2, convert it to obd1 and use crome or something similar. Cheap, and produces great results.

As for how much this setup can handle, id put it into HP not boost/psi.

Different size turbo's produce different power levels at different PSI levels.

I'd say probably somewhere around 350-400 whp with a good tune.

thats pretty low compression... id have to go with matt on this one though... hp not psi.... but it def should handle 350 to 400... as for ecu... go to your local tuner and find out what he uses... if you get hondata and all he tunes with is crome.. your screwed

+1 on what Marky Mark said. You'll need someone to tune that beast for ya. Most tuners will know CROME, Neptune, or Turboedit. Those are all very cheap if not free programs.

Do NOT take the short route and tune with an AFC or other piggyback system. They only modify the stock fuel maps, and are unable to alter timing and make other key changes.
Start here:
tunewithcrome.com
and
xenocron.com
and
pgmfi.org

All great websites.

Back