B16's Time Trial Road Racing Del Sol Overhaul Thread!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think peoples computers are fucked up, its Tuesday yall! LMAO

Leaving work soon! Will update as soon as I get final #'s.

From one problem to another. We think a main bearing is out now. Got about a dozen pulls in and then an aweful noise. Def not rod, sounds like main. :(

Couldn't seem to make power with these cams. Was doing around 160whp. Wtf, the b16 with ctr cams did better than that.

Back to the garage, drop the pan, redo bearings. Hell, thinking of just dropping the b16 back in at this point. Sigh...

From one problem to another. We think a main bearing is out now. Got about a dozen pulls in and then an aweful noise. Def not rod, sounds like main. :(

Couldn't seem to make power with these cams. Was doing around 160whp. Wtf, the b16 with ctr cams did better than that.

Back to the garage, drop the pan, redo bearings. Hell, thinking of just dropping the b16 back in at this point. Sigh...

damnnnn :eek:(

Was kinda funny. The shop owner looks at me and says
Him "you're an engineer huh?"
Me "ya, how can you tell?"
Him "the way you dress, all engineers dress like that."

later after bearing problem.

Him "maybe you should stick to ctrl+alt+del, hahaha"

FML... lol

what were your oil clearances on the mains? also how did you torque? did you use studs on the mains or bolts? did you line hone the manins? how was the crank? did you measure the main and rod journals?

sorry for the 21 ? but all very important

Back