B18C type R or K20A for 92-95 HATCH

k20 or b18c?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went over several write up on swaping a k20 in an eg and honestly it's not encouraging. There is too much to do! It might be the best honda engine (Bang for the Buck) but not something doable for someone that has only a d-serie swap in his record .

my friend just got through with his its in a ek thought you might like to see it

Attachments

• l_26125f2dc78ffb634f88d3d59a5a5421.jpg
    l_26125f2dc78ffb634f88d3d59a5a5421.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 76,834
ITS FRONT WHEEL DRIVE! You can't have all the power in the world in FWD... I'm shooting from close to 300whp... I agree you could built this bad k20 and rip up the street but you can get the same trq and hp from a itr... wanna know the secret to make horse power with a small motor?

ITS CALLED BOOST... if you build it right an itr can hold 20+psi... a stock one can handle 14psi... with no mods but fuel and timing changes...

also the k20 is heavier... you think your car pushes now... ha ha ha.... wait til you add another 80lbs to the front....

No i dont live in texas... i havent raced a k20 type r but the FEW i have raced in the rsx... i have walked... i make just as much power as they do... about 160whp... they might make 10hp on me but they are heavier so up til 3rd gear neck and neck but once vtec in 3rd kicks in i start pulling... slowly but i pull all the way to 130mph...

and if your going to build it DONT get an itr get a gsr... same block... port and polish the head... change the cams and springs... you have a itr... full gsr kit for 4K... thats 6k to play with...

The first video the one vs the Supra. The Supra was a 10sec car Purchased from House of Boost and detuned to 400hp. It was poorly tuned at best as I watched the owner kill this automatic powerglide on the line. That silver hatch's best time at the track is 13.1 and that is completely gutted on drag radial. An impressive swap but I can show you a lot of b-series that will do better with less investment.

Last edited:
The first two videos the ones vs the Supra and the Evo. The Supra was a 10sec car Purchased from House of Boost and detuned to 400hp. It was poorly tuned at best as I watched the owner kill this automatic powerglide on the line. The same person that owned the Supra owned the Evo same detuned story. That silver hatch's best time at the track is 13.1 and that is completely gutted on drag radial. An impressive swap but I can show you a lot of b-series that will do better with less investment.
yea but not all motor, but i do have a clip of a b16a with 1100hp and almost that much tork. street car

I actually had a chance to go to Hybrid-Racing since I live 3 hours away when I got my parts for my K swap. Cool guys.

K series FTMOTHAF*CKINGWIN!

There are ways to push pennies.
K24 CRV block, K20R or Type S head, K20R Lsd 6 speed tranny.

Last edited:
That's like comparing apples to oranges though. Really all in all it's the cost that is a determining factor there are plenty of stock engines that will walk a K20 but it's gauranteed to come at a higher cost.

true but the k series will top out with more power than a b series

You have to pay to play I guess. It's more economical for most people to do a B instead of a K since parts are cheaper. I'm done beating a dead horse though I think that has already been established.

Come on!! Dooooo itttttttttttttttttttttttt!
If you go K, I'll do another K swap in my CRX this time. ;]

well lets put it like this if you dont do a k you will hate yourself in the long run

ud probly have to drive that k20 with a box of kleenex everytime u roll out cuz thats just a sexy stock engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back