Back in the saddle.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

?
thats what i was saying i didnt think they come with rear disks only drum as for the axel the bearings do not hold up to high speed and abuse that well

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 1 2003, 12:25 AM
the axel the bearings do not hold up to high speed and abuse that well

i have little knowledge of the durability of "axle" bearings, and i can only assume that saying they are weak is a noob comment...and judging by the times that you have been pwned in this thread so far- i will patiently wait for the loco honky to come in and dominate you for the 5th time :bowdown:

Loco, I like your plans and I'm glad you're going to be working on a 1G CRX... hopefully I can match your goals with my 89 CRX Si but do it all motor.

:lol:

Anyway... I hate to have to do this, but: :locked:

Ok, maybe not. Just play nice guys, or this one gets locked and thrown in the shitter.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 1 2003, 12:25 AM
the bearings do not hold up to high speed and abuse that well

Prove it or :owned: X 5.

Calista, when your car is done, meet me at Laguna Seca. :) I'm not building a drag car. I'm basically building a GT-5 car with more nut for the sole purpose of pissing off everyone at open track days. :D

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Oct 1 2003, 01:20 AM-->
hcivic.com
@Oct 1 2003, 12:25 AM
the bearings do not hold up to high speed and abuse that well

Prove it or :owned: X 5.

Calista, when your car is done, meet me at Laguna Seca. :) I'm not building a drag car. I'm basically building a GT-5 car with more nut for the sole purpose of pissing off everyone at open track days. :D

The car is done, and I'm not some skinny chick who plays a lawyer and likes to wear 6 inch skirts.

:lol:

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 1 2003, 01:25 AM
as for the axel the bearings do not hold up to high speed and abuse that well

how do bearings on a vehicle (integra) meant to go faster than a civic/crx have worse off bearings??

i mean that the stock bearings suck i dont know if that includes the crx or not and as for being ownd look at the posts i stated the raed drums suck and to go disk he than said they are only disk which i proved to be wrong
as for being a noob i have built and destroy more car and trucks than some of you will own to the exception of a few

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 1 2003, 03:37 PM
i mean that the stock bearings suck i dont know if that includes the crx or not and as for being ownd look at the posts i stated the raed drums suck and to go disk he than said they are only disk which i proved to be wrong
as for being a noob i have built and destroy more car and trucks than some of you will own to the exception of a few

to hcivic.com

fb0c1f0d.jpg

to loco. you think you can make that crx out handle the celica? or is that even possible?

Originally posted by Code Blue+Oct 1 2003, 08:38 PM-->
hcivic.com
@Oct 1 2003, 03:37 PM

to hcivic.com

fb0c1f0d.jpg

to loco. you think you can make that crx out handle the celica? or is that even possible?

:werd:

It's DISC, not disk...

and I'm willing to bet with enough money and attention, you can make a CRX handle better than a Celica...or a Corvette for that matter...Just takes $$$$$$$.

:owned:

hicivic, please stop posting for the love of god!

stop the ownage. :D

in before lock..

Originally posted by Code Blue@Oct 1 2003, 03:38 PM
you think you can make that crx out handle the celica? or is that even possible?

Hell yes. For a few reasons... now that I have a project car, I have no desire to do anything more to the Celica. Also, the Celica weighs 3450 lbs. with ~325# rate springs and 340 tread wear tires vs. the CRX which will come in under 1650 lbs., have around 500# rate springs, and sub- 200 tread wear tires.

On the dirt is another matter, though. Even if I set up the CRX for dirt, it'd NEVER hold a candle to the AllTrac.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 1 2003, 10:37 AM

Sounds to me like you're still a no0b when it comes to tuning...

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Oct 2 2003, 01:16 AM-->
hcivic.com
@Oct 1 2003, 10:37 AM

wow man really. i hope so. i have only destroyed one car. and you know what, i know now why i destroyed it, a mixture of equipment failure and my failure to check that piece. but thats cool that you can destroy cars and trucks, and many at that.

i wish i had a disposable income like that

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Oct 2 2003, 01:12 AM-->
Code Blue
@Oct 1 2003, 03:38 PM
you think you can make that crx out handle the celica? or is that even possible?

Hell yes. For a few reasons... now that I have a project car, I have no desire to do anything more to the Celica. Also, the Celica weighs 3450 lbs. with ~325# rate springs and 340 tread wear tires vs. the CRX which will come in under 1650 lbs., have around 500# rate springs, and sub- 200 tread wear tires.

On the dirt is another matter, though. Even if I set up the CRX for dirt, it'd NEVER hold a candle to the AllTrac.

yea i havn't really pushed anything awd to any limits i had a subaru awd wagon, but that doesn't really count in the performance factor of things. i want to maybe get an sti in like a year, but im gonna try and get to the mastering part of fwd right now, then it will be time to spread into new areas of focus.

no up here in alberta canada i have rolled 1 4x4, bent 1 frame, and blew two motors in the current one ( stock motors with under 100K on them).
As for car i have been apart of blowning three motors, 1 my first dx motor at 9 psi, a d16a1 at a 50 shot and a stock motor with 325K on it.
Other than that i have had one vehicle written off due to a no fault accedent. (winters suck -30c and +30c in the summer is hard on motors)

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 2 2003, 05:01 AM
no up here in alberta canada i have rolled 1 4x4, bent 1 frame, and blew two motors in the current one ( stock motors with under 100K on them).
As for car i have been apart of blowning three motors, 1 my first dx motor at 9 psi, a d16a1 at a 50 shot and a stock motor with 325K on it.
Other than that i have had one vehicle written off due to a no fault accedent. (winters suck -30c and +30c in the summer is hard on motors)

is this something to really brag about?

Back