Best Car for 6-8k

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 25 2004, 01:49 PM
i'd rather take that 8k and spend it on heroin instead of driving either of those cars

and i don't do drugs

Then what would you do Brian? Other than do a swap in some car or other.

I know you liked bimmers before and there were a whole bunch of other cars that you thought about getting, but it seems like its coming up dry in this price range.

I would kill for a s4 or m3, but hey that kind of shit isnt going to happen for me.

How about a nice eclipse GS(t)x or talon tsi? I know people talk about a lot of these cars had crank walk problems, but how are they for a stock car?

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jun 26 2004, 12:36 AM
How about a nice eclipse GS(t)x or talon tsi? I know people talk about a lot of these cars had crank walk problems, but how are they for a stock car?

NO!!!!!!!!

they are the worst cars ever for reliability!

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jun 25 2004, 04:43 PM-->
corvetteguy
@Jun 25 2004, 01:40 PM
Bahhh, don't listen to Brian, he's a grumpy bastard, I'd rather have an $8k 944 Porshe turbo then a $8k GTI or Grand Prix

Theres no way in my area, that I'll be able to get a turbo charged porsche around 6-7k. A 944 non turbo okay, and probably not a 928...but the turbo charged model seems to cost so much more.

Porshe turboWell what about this?

Porshe TUrbo Or this

ANother

Porshe turbo

or

Porshe turbo

Or

Porshe turbo

or

Proshe Turbo

I think you get the point...Plenty of affordable porshe turbos around...just gotta look for em.....

Originally posted by SolPWR+Jun 26 2004, 08:23 AM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Jun 26 2004, 12:36 AM

NO!!!!!!!!

they are the worst cars ever for reliability!

Are they really that bad? I only heard about crankwalk problems and thought everything else was over exaggerated.

As for the turbo porsche, in my zip code 07874 none seemed to come up that would be close to 6-7k.

I have four friends all with DSM's one non turbo and 3 of them are getting rid of them. They may be really fast but they are not fast very long. My friend has had his DSM in the shop once a month for about 8 months. and the others were pretty close to about 6 per year. Im not talking minor shit either. they learned their lesson! oh yeah the only one that is keeping his DSM is an RS which is bottom line and has that neon engine. I guess its holding up only because it has 46k miles on it.

Back