Best motor to put into a '94 Ls Integra?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

12secondCRX

I'm buying a '94 Ls Integra to make into a Drag car and was wondering what would be the best motor to go with? It's going to be for the all-motor street car class if that helps with the choices? I was thinking of a B18c1 bored to atleast 2.0L or a H22a. The only problem I have with a H22 is the weight. Please any help would be great!!

Weight isn't going to be much of a problem with the H22 but the money will be heftier. The B18c1 and c5 are very nice motors but the c1 is going to take some work to drag this beast. So I say all motor and $$ not being an issue the H22 is a solid choice.

Whats the difference in price between say a (1)B18c1, (2)B18c5 and the (3)H22a? I won't the best but don't have a huge budget yet!!

B18c1= 3100
b18c5=4300
h22a=4500?? hell it actually could be cheaper.
h22 typeS=5000??

and by the way here's an option:b16b(civic type R)=4000

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 21 2003, 12:54 AM
get a B18C1 (GSR engine) lots of potential ... easy swap

your right but H22 is just a sweet sounding, and did I mention sweet performing motor?

h22a for drag; weight? it will benefit you for you need some weight to help you launch, especially in a fwd car. ex. that girl, kristen(?) something i think(cant remember her name) ran like 10.18 and is about some 200lbs heavier than erick aguilar's car. it shows on the timeslip--aguilar has better trap speed, due to light weight, but she has better traction down the strip, showing with fast time but slower trap speed. with some extra extra tuning you can build it up for high horsepower for you have larger displacement than other hondas.

Originally posted by theB16tegguy+Dec 21 2003, 12:58 AM-->
@Dec 21 2003, 12:54 AM
get a B18C1 (GSR engine) lots of potential ... easy swap

your right but H22 is just a sweet sounding, and did I mention sweet performing motor?

You get what? 30 more hp in an engine that weighs quite a bit more. I'd go for a latter model B18c1 myself.

we just discussed that weight is good in a drag car.... Okay? and why don't you look and see how much torque the H22 puts out before you try to tell me B18c1 is better.

Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Dec 21 2003, 01:52 AM
we just discussed that weight is good in a drag car.... Okay? and why don't you look and see how much torque the H22 puts out before you try to tell me B18c1 is better.

I dont give a fuck what you were discussing, I gave my opinion.

At the end of the day, weight is your enemy. Plain and simple. If you can make the same power out of a smaller, lighter, more compact engine, why would you want to needlessly weigh down your car? <_< "uh it grips better" Thats what a good suspension setup & sticky tires are for.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Dec 21 2003, 03:02 AM-->
theB16tegguy
@Dec 21 2003, 01:52 AM

At the end of the day, weight is your enemy. Plain and simple. If you can make the same power out of a smaller, lighter, more compact engine, why would you want to needlessly weigh down your car? <_< "uh it grips better" Thats what a good suspension setup & sticky tires are for.

you can use your displacement advantage to go head to head against the b18 and pretty create the same power/weight ratio. the b18 can make more power but if both were tuned, the h22 will have more power. sticky tires will only stick to a certain degree and a tuned suspension can only be tuned so far. as for a rebored b18; 2L b18>h22a. this is where the light weight would overcome total-grip advantages.

:ghey: and that's why they still have traction problems????? " I'm soooo cool, I am the shit!!! oh yea oh yea, oh oh oh yea!!" quote from revolution8k, Go suck a cock :fuckyou3:

Originally posted by revolution8k+Dec 21 2003, 02:02 AM-->
theB16tegguy
@Dec 21 2003, 01:52 AM

:withstupid: .

theB16tegqueer: :ban: .

Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Dec 21 2003, 02:13 AM
:ghey: and that's why they still have traction problems????? " I'm soooo cool, I am the shit!!! oh yea oh yea, oh oh oh yea!!" quote from revolution8k, Go suck a cock :fuckyou3:

Who has traction problems? OOOOOOOOOh.... people that dont know how to build a drag car properly...thats right. :roll:

Anyway... Each engine will have its limits, obviously. I dont care how well you build your H22 there will always be another engine out there that is better. I figure he's on some sort of budget and the B18c1 is a far easier and a far cheaper swap (so I've heard) than any H22 into an Integra/Civic, seeing as how you're taking out a B series and putting in a more powerful B series...

Why am I arguing that weight is a disadvantage? an Integra with 200 hp that weighs it's stock weight will be SLOWER than an Integra with 200 hp and is 200 lbs lighter than stock. (duh) Putting in a heavier engine will only gain you a few tenths of a second, rather than putting in 40 lbs of turbo/intercooler/electronics and gaining more power over an H22 for cheaper.

Weight is good to have over your drive wheels, but unnecessary weight is an evil in drag racing. Don't believe me? Watch the pro drag racers. They lose by .0001 seconds sometimes. That's probably a difference of 10-15 lbs.

You call yourself a B16tegguy...why the fuck are you so adimant (sp?) about getting an H22 in this guys Teg if you put a B16 in yours?? <_<

All I did was state my opinion and I'm being attacked by some 12 year old fucknut with no obvious track experience at all. I never said I was the shit. I never said I know everything, so don't put words in my mouth unless you can backup your thoughts with a coherent post, unlike this last one. Which by the way help to get this thread NO WHERE but downhill. Grow up.

do you really think I care about your respect???/ HAHA :bo: I tell people the way it is. I think if you look at my other threads you'll see. this. Your such a ricer, jumpin on the bandwagon......... Ban!!!! yea I'm cool now. :kick: :asshat:

you know what we all just need to quit the bickering....... Damn. I'm going to try and be responsible here. by the way, I'm not any where close to twelve and I've probaly been here longere than you. not to diss, just saying.

Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Dec 21 2003, 02:41 AM
do you really think I care about your respect???/ HAHA :bo: I tell people the way it is. I think if you look at my other threads you'll see. this. Your such a ricer, jumpin on the bandwagon......... Ban!!!! yea I'm cool now. :kick: :asshat:

I hope that's not directed at me, because I am far from a ricer. Now grow up.

Back